Draft Week! Third Overall Pick - POLL

N4L

Who do you want the niners to draft?  

56 members have voted

1. 1. Which QB?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/30/2021 at 12:00 AM

1 minute ago, BayRaider said:

And why does Mac Jones have 7 votes...

Im debating editing each voting option to be McCorkle

because the fans will have no choice in the matter

hes the best beer bellied, tennis playing prospect since Jamarcus Russel 

So many in here are like: Image result for chicken little gif

I am okay with any selection Kyle makes. I would be happiest if it was Wilson (if by some miracle the Jets pass on him), pleased if it was Jones or Fields and if Lance, nervously hoping he becomes 3rd year Josh Allen really fast. 

The hate aimed at Kyle is really disappointing. Some immaturity going on here BIG time. And no, I am not pointing the finger at anyone in particular. If any take issue, that is your choice. 

Thank you for your time and I shall return you to your previously scheduled rants. 

• Like 2

Just now, N4L said:

How do we see who voted? I chose the option to make the names public but cant seem to find the data

there is a little person icon with a number next to it. I can see who voted on my phone.

• Like 1

I would expect a 65/35 split for Fields and 35 being Lance. With 0 being Jones. 

Personally, as stated many times, I like Lance for you guys because I think Him/Shanny can break the NFL like Mahomes/Reid did. Lance's skillset is video game stuff. And he's less raw than people make him out to be. Super high football IQ, great arm, insane dual threat, tremendous pocket presence. Just really needs to get coached on that deep ball.

I see the appeal for Fields though. I think both will be studs at the next level. You literally can't go wrong with either imo. 

Just now, Chrissooner49er said:

I am okay with any selection Kyle makes. I would be happiest if it was Wilson (if by some miracle the Jets pass on him), pleased if it was Jones or Fields and if Lance, nervously hoping he becomes 3rd year Josh Allen really fast. 

The hate aimed at Kyle is really disappointing. Some immaturity going on here BIG time. And no, I am not pointing the finger at anyone in particular. If any take issue, that is your choice. 

Thank you for your time and I shall return you to your previously scheduled rants. 

At the end of the day there is nothing I can do to change it. I’m just rolling with whatever happens and hoping that they pick the guy I like.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Ftn49 said:

2 guys who actually like him, 4 trolls and 1 guy was confused.

I'll go ahead and out myself: I voted Mac. Not gonna take it back. Think this guy may be the smartest choice and a pretty damn tough one as well. 

Anyone hear what happened to him in the Citrus Bowl? Tough kid. 

• Like 1

Just now, BayRaider said:

I would expect a 65/35 split for Fields and 35 being Lance. With 0 being Jones. 

Personally, as stated many times, I like Lance for you guys because I think Him/Shanny can break the NFL like Mahomes/Reid did. Lance's skillset is video game stuff. And he's less raw than people make him out to be. Super high football IQ, great arm, insane dual threat, tremendous pocket presence. Just really needs to get coached on that deep ball.

I see the appeal for Fields though. I think both will be studs at the next level. You literally can't go wrong with either imo. 

Lance's name has been brought up as option by Rappaport, King, Simms, McShay, & Shefter in the last 24 hours alone

I think thats indicative that we're leaning towards him. Whether thats him winning the debate, or he was our guy all along and the media just starting to catch on, idk. But if Mac was the guy all along, you'd think we'd be hearing confirmation that it was him, instead of hearing that Lance is an option by 5 national journalists 

1 minute ago, 49ersfan said:

Lance's name has been brought up as option by Rappaport, King, Simms, McShay, & Shefter in the last 24 hours alone

I think thats indicative that we're leaning towards him. Whether thats him winning the debate, or he was our guy all along and the media just starting to catch on, idk. But if Mac was the guy all along, you'd think we'd be hearing confirmation that it was him, instead of hearing that Lance is an option by 5 national journalists 

I think it was Lance from the moment they traded up, and was always Lance. I think they gave Fields a try and considered him during the workouts, but it was always Lance.

I don't think Mac was ever in play. Why was there a big smokejob? No idea and don't really care. It could be that the 49ers prefer Lance over Wilson and didn't want the Jets starting to sniff Lance, so they created all this Mac Jones hype. 

16 minutes ago, Chrissooner49er said:

Yup, a lot of folks seemingly turned on coach before the selection was even made. Pretty sad to see. At least wait until the name on the card is read before you get the pitchforks out. This is what happens though when you continuously cycle through tweets every 5 minutes, hours a day, for the past three weeks. As if it was going to get you any closer to discovering who the selection would be. 

Edited by TecmoSuperJoe
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

Yup, a lot of folks seemingly turned on coach before the selection was even made. Pretty sad to see. At least wait until the name on the card is read before you get the pitchforks out. This is what happens though when you continuously cycle through tweets every 5 minutes, hours a day, for the past three weeks. As if it was going to get you any closer to discovering who the selection would be. 

I am the biggest Kyle fan around. I honestly didnt think there was anything he could do to make me turn on him. 

As much as I would love to keep the dream of fields and lance alive, at some point, you have to face the facts. It feels like mac jones was always the guy. There is too much smoke around it and too many reputable people saying its mac. That presser pretty much confirmed it. idk   

I understand the "let the guy actually play some games before you rip on him" and also "give kyle the benefit of the doubt" but at the same time, this regime has had a few very well documented missteps that all seem to follow the same pattern: trade up for a guy and get absolutely crap value, while ignoring major red flags. 

Bottom line, Kyle is a great coach but an absolutely terrible talent evaluator, and he is in charge of making these types of selections. 

Edited by N4L
  • Like 1