Draft Week! Third Overall Pick - POLL

N4L

Who do you want the niners to draft?  

56 members have voted

1. 1. Which QB?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/30/2021 at 12:00 AM

6 minutes ago, N4L said:

I am the biggest Kyle fan around. I honestly didnt think there was anything he could do to make me turn on him. 

As much as I would love to keep the dream of fields and lance alive, at some point, you have to face the facts. It feels like mac jones was always the guy. There is too much smoke around it and too many reputable people saying its mac. That presser pretty much confirmed it. idk   

I understand the "let the guy actually play some games before you rip on him" and also "give kyle the benefit of the doubt" but at the same time, this regime has had a few very well documented missteps that all seem to follow the same pattern: trade up for a guy and get absolutely crap value, while ignoring major red flags. 

Bottom line, Kyle is a great coach but an absolutely terrible talent evaluator, and he is in charge of making these types of selections. 

Yeah. But I'd still wait at the very least to see when the name is called draft day. And even if it's not someone you like, see what they do on the field. Then after a while if Jones doesn't look like the next Kurt Warner or whatever, cut into Kyle, as this in my opinion would be the second straight time he whiffed on being able to nab a quality QB early (assuming Fields or Lance go on to be good players). 

I am surprised you of all folks aren't giving Kyle just a little more time. At the very least until the name is called. We'll see what happens Friday morning (my time). But all this worrying on the forum every five minutes is just going to make you feel worse. :)

Edited by TecmoSuperJoe
  • Like 4

15 minutes ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

Yup, a lot of folks seemingly turned on coach before the selection was even made. Pretty sad to see. At least wait until the name on the card is read before you get the pitchforks out. This is what happens though when you continuously cycle through tweets every 5 minutes, hours a day, for the past three weeks. As if it was going to get you any closer to discovering who the selection would be. 

Kyle has earned his criticism if everything is going to go as expected. If it somehow doesn't I don't think any on here will have trouble admitting they were happy if they were wrong. I surely wont.

• Like 1

Just now, Ftn49 said:

Kyle has earned his criticism if everything is going to go as expected. If it somehow doesn't I don't think any on here will have trouble admitting they were happy if they were wrong. I surely wont.

Yeah, IF. You're worrying about a future that literally hasn't happened yet if it does indeed happen. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

But all this worrying on the forum every five minutes is just going to make you feel worse. :)

Yeah, this month has been simultaneously fun, exciting, and anxiety inducing. 

Every little thing has been nitpicked about a dozen times

Its been the longest month. 

I do hope we pick Lance. But, if we pick Mac, i hope he becomes a Drew Brees or Kurt Warner type QB. Nothing else i can do as a fan. 

I'm so burned out from all this 

It's much more fun to embrace the insanity of this draft season than to actually worry about it. The jokes are top notch, the secrecy and frenzy are epic, and I'm not one to use that word lightly.

The world is not as fun in 4 days, regardless of who the pick is

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Forge said:

It's much more fun to embrace the insanity of this draft season than to actually worry about it. The jokes are top notch, the secrecy and frenzy are epic, and I'm not one to use that word lightly.

The world is not as fun in 4 days, regardless of who the pick is

HONEST percentage breakdown of who we take? 

Just now, Forge said:

60 / 40 Lance.

I really want to say fields is in there, but I'm letting other reports influence that 

I thought you were 100 % Jones lol. At least based off the presser

Both Barrows & Kawakami think the presser has solidified that its Jones. Personally, i didn't see it that way, but i'm not an expert

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/04/26/no-one-knows-what-49ers-will-do/

If the 49ers know the name they’ll put on the card when they exercise the third overall pick in the draft, they’re doing a great job of keeping their mouths shut.

The prevailing sense in league circles is that no one outside of the building knows what the 49ers will do. As one source put It, the 49ers are “relishing” the attention. It’s also possible that the 49ers may have a current predisposition, and that they will change their minds between now and Thursday, possibly more than once.

Who would have thought that FLORIO was the reasonable one??

Edited by 49ersfan

4 minutes ago, 49ersfan said:

I thought you were 100 % Jones lol. At least based off the presser

Both Barrows & Kawakami think the presser has solidified that its Jones. Personally, i didn't see it that way, but i'm not an expert

Sure, during the presser! 

Presser was like 3 hours ago! I've run a few miles, eaten some grub 🤣🤣

Just now, Forge said:

Honestly, if I hadn't heard the additional reports on fields, I'd probably have him at like 55. I'm still wondering if being him is the right play. Going to think about that tonight

Sports betters are jumping on Fields.

• Like 1