Draft Week! Third Overall Pick - POLL

N4L

Who do you want the niners to draft?  

56 members have voted

1. 1. Which QB?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/30/2021 at 12:00 AM

1 minute ago, Forge said:

Sure, during the presser! 

Presser was like 3 hours ago! I've run a few miles, eaten some grub

I mean, there’s still a lot of evidence to the move not being Jones. So i’m Going to try and sit tight. But @N4Land others have summed up how I feel about our track record in the draft (and Free Agency). 

It’s not hyperbolic or incendiary to say that if this pick fails, it will be this regimes ***. Then again, York is arguably too passive for his own good so maybe Shanny has full on Marvin Lewis carte Blanche now..but who knows.

2 minutes ago, 49erurtaza said:

Sports betters are jumping on Fields.

This is the same reasoning I have been using for a few weeks now.

Either the pick is mac, and we know we dont need to hide it, or we are worried that whomever we want to draft is rated higher on our board than wilson, and we dont want the jets to change their mind.

I hit a +700 49ers related bet a few years ago when BOSA won DROY. I won over 4k on it and wish I would have bet more.

If fields is the pick and we trade jimmy... fields OROY will be a fantastic bet

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, 49erurtaza said:

Sports betters are jumping on Fields.

No, that’d be to obvious, they want the Jets to think it‘s Mac or Fields. Hence all the Mac smoke and putting out reports saying considering Mac/Lance would make the Jets call that bluff, and assume it’s Fields. It’s def Lance imo. 

Always has been. *cue famous meme

They are playing high level chess.

Edited by BayRaider

3 minutes ago, N4L said:

This is the same reasoning I have been using for a few weeks now.

Either the pick is mac, and we know we dont need to hide it, or we are worried that whomever we want to draft is rated higher on our board than wilson, and we dont want the jets to change their mind.

I hit a +700 49ers related bet a few years ago when BOSA won DROY. I won over 4k on it and wish I would have bet more.

If fields is the pick and we trade jimmy... fields OROY will be a fantastic bet

Yeah I will Jump on Fields or Lance if they trade Jimmy and there the pick for ROY.

3 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

No, that’d be to obvious, they want the Jets to think it‘s Mac or Fields. Hence all the Mac smoke and putting out reports saying considering Mac/Lance would make the Jets call that bluff, and assume it’s Field. It’s def Lance imo. 

Always has been. *cue famous meme

Yeah I can see that as well, I'm sure there some truth to the reports. But I also can't deny there's something fishy going on with Fields.

7 minutes ago, 49erurtaza said:

😲 I might throw some money on Fields... I have Lance at +375 from last week. 

I have the original fields bet with N4L at +275, and I have a small Lance hedge bet at +450, but it's seriously just enough to cover the Fields bet so I break even. 

I'm really tempted on the the Fields angle though because if you took out all the reporting...just ignore everything everyone else has said, and then watched that presser, couldn't you just as easily think that the pick was Fields? Hell, I'd kind of think that he was the favorite. But it's really hard to ignore reliable guys like King / Ian. 

1 minute ago, Forge said:

I have the original fields bet with N4L at +275, and I have a small Lance hedge bet at +450, but it's seriously just enough to cover the Fields bet so I break even. 

I'm really tempted on the the Fields angle though because if you took out all the reporting...just ignore everything everyone else has said, and then watched that presser, couldn't you just as easily think that the pick was Fields? Hell, I'd kind of think that he was the favorite. But it's really hard to ignore reliable guys like King / Ian. 

That's one hell of a way to look at it. I think is warched it with Mac in mind. Might need to rewatch but with Fields in mind. Lol 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, John232 said:

It’s not hyperbolic or incendiary to say that if this pick fails, it will be this regimes ***. Then again, York is arguably too passive for his own good so maybe Shanny has full on Marvin Lewis carte Blanche now..but who knows.

It's definitely not. This is their butt regardless of who the pick is unless they really flash something during this five year period. I wanted them to go get a QB, they did it...I can only be so mad if it's not the guy I prefer. 

I said it earlier...this entire draft season / thread has just been one big, huge GDT for me. Let out the crazy, but once you're out of the GDT, it all just goes back to normal. I can't control who they pick, I'm not going to *really* worry about it one way or the other. I'm really just trying to have as much fun as possible with it. I'm spastic and crazy and oscillating like a damn cooling fan and I'm loving it. 

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

Yeah. But I'd still wait at the very least to see when the name is called draft day. And even if it's not someone you like, see what they do on the field. Then after a while if Jones doesn't look like the next Kurt Warner or whatever, cut into Kyle, as this in my opinion would be the second straight time he whiffed on being able to nab a quality QB early (assuming Fields or Lance go on to be good players). 

I am surprised you of all folks aren't giving Kyle just a little more time. At the very least until the name is called. We'll see what happens Friday morning (my time). But all this worrying on the forum every five minutes is just going to make you feel worse. :)

I get what you are saying. I really do. Getting upset doesnt change anything or help anything and that either way I will watch it play out in front of my eyes. 

What I do take issue with is the narrative that kyle and this regime deserve the benefit of the doubt if the pick is Jones. This is the same regime that didnt even scout mahomes or watson. They have drafted one QB in 4 years and his name was CJ beathard. They have completely ignored the DE position. They have paid guys like McKinnon 8 million dollars per season, richburg highest paid center, kwon alexander highest OLB ever, juice 5m per season. The list goes on and on. They deserve scrutiny 

How about this - instead of the onus being on the fans to "stay patient" and "see how it goes" how about McCorkle goes out there and shows us we are wrong? I am not going to wait multiple years to make a determination of how I feel about the pick. Why should I have to reserve judgement for later? 

Here is another thing - Jones having a better career than a guy like Zach Wilson or Trey Lance wouldnt mean that we somehow made the right choice or got better value. WHERE these guys get drafted matters so much. The jets are terrible. Lance could go somewhere like detroit or something that would hinder his development as well. THAT is the most infuriating part about this, whomever we draft will be in the absolute BEST place for him to be. Good weapons with a great coach. So even in hindsight, it wont be a fair determination to make. 

I will go back to the Alex Smith vs Aaron Rodgers debate. NO CHANCE Rodgers is still in the league if we drafted him. He got the benefit of sitting for a few years and growing as a player. He would have been thrust into a starting role on a terrible team with terrible coaching with a terrible front office. It didnt matter who we drafted that year, they werent going to make it. The fact Alex was even as successful as he was showed his resiliency and maturity. Rodgers doesnt have those same traits in the amount that Alex does. Does that mean that we made the wrong pick at the time?

Hindsight is not always 20/20 when it comes to QBs. Unless you are talking about our decision to pass on Tom Brady last offseason, in which case, HUGE MISTAKE  

• Like 1