Draft Week! Third Overall Pick - POLL

N4L

Who do you want the niners to draft?  

56 members have voted

1. 1. Which QB?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/30/2021 at 12:00 AM

4 hours ago, N4L said:

I understand that he believes in himself.

My question was - how many times do we have to lose games to QBs and coaches who are inferior (in kyle's mind) before this dude wakes up and realizes that he needs to change his thought process?

It's quite possible he never decides he needs to change his thought process, just keep looking for a better version of Jimmy. Ugh!

Just now, Forge said:

4K at +800 = 36K payout. 

I mean, it's tempting. 

That's 36,000 $1 bills.....36 $1,000 dollar bills

I could get my pool replastered, which it kind of needs. Or I could attend half of a super bowl. 

You could get raider season tickets for a few season. Lol 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, N4L said:

I would have thought KC was going to be the model kyle would look to:

1) offensive genius HC who never won the big game

2) Brilliant offensive scheme, got a lot out of whichever QB he had, but never had a top guy

3) drafts a "project QB" with ELITE physical traits

4) Lets him sit a year behind a veteran, game manager type QB

5) Elite physical traits + elite coaching + elite supporting cast = one of the best offenses of all time

6) said player is able to capitalize on the schemes ability to generate plays WHILE ALSO doing things off script that transcend/elevate the scheme

7) Three AFCCGs in a row, including 2 superbowls, in three years starting

Idk how you can look at that, and have them TAKE A RING OFF YOUR FINGER and be like - nah, im good. I dont want a QB who could potentially be my own version of that. 

FFS TAKE THE GAMBLE ON THE GUY WITH ELITE PHYSICAL TRAITS. GIVE HIM THE COACHING AND SUPPORTING CAST HE NEEDS UNTIL HE LEARNS THE REST OF IT

Us upgrading from Jimmy to Mac would be like KC upgrading from Cassel to Alex Smith. Nice upgrade; playoff bound. But only enough to get them close. Eventually they figured they need a real stud, who can play the modern game and got Mahomes. Fields or Lance could be out version of Mahomes, but we seem to be going for our version of Alex. How did that work out last time?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, GW21 said:

I really don’t understand the hatred for Fields. So bizarre.

Neck and neck, most thought, with Lawrence ever since HS. RIght until a few weeks ago and now all people do is find fault with a QB who would be the number one pick in a lot of years.

Just now, BayRaider said:

Mac Jones and Felipe Franks, 49ers will have two QBs that no one in the NFL can beat in a beer drinking contest. 

These picks were never about football. We stepping up our Beerfest game 

4 minutes ago, big9erfan said:

Us upgrading from Jimmy to Mac would be like KC upgrading from Cassel to Alex Smith. Nice upgrade; playoff bound. But only enough to get them close. Eventually they figured they need a real stud, who can play the modern game and got Mahomes. Fields or Lance could be out version of Mahomes, but we seem to be going for our version of Alex. How did that work out last time?

This is actually a good comp cause what Reid got out of Alex is probably Mac's ceiling if we are being honest. But Alex is way more athletic. 

Edited by 49erurtaza