Draft Week! Third Overall Pick - POLL

N4L

Who do you want the niners to draft?  

56 members have voted

1. 1. Which QB?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/30/2021 at 12:00 AM

3 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Florio "I have a former GM insisting it is Fields, INSISTING it is Fields. It is stunning to me"

Here comes the Fields train!!!!!

Meanwhile, Pioli just said that he wants a self less guy that will do as told...which is Mac lol 

Just now, Forge said:

Meanwhile, Pioli just said that he wants a self less guy that will do as told...which is Mac lol 

It is not all that surprising to see the types of stigma attached to these guys when you have former and current GMs with the same mindset as Pioli lol. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

Show me these major flaws during pass rush.  I am curious.   Because I have seen him throw numerous 25 - 40 yard strikes with a guy in his face or while getting hit.

Also see Aaron Rodgers vs. Tampa Bay pass rush in their first match up and Mahomes in SB or Peyton Manning in SB vs. Seahawks.   Pass rush screws up everyone.  That is whole point of it.

My concern isn’t VS the rush, I just wanted something more than another Jimmy G with pocket presence.

if Jones had an elite arm or had the mobility of a Fields/Lance, I would be more accepting of that pick. But his arm is average as is his mobility. If we are finding a QB of the future, let’s add as many positive elements we can. Pocket presence is great, just wish there were more benefits to what we are getting for what we gave up.

...or they could draft Fields and actually get it all.

Edited by P_locniners

4 minutes ago, Forge said:

What I don't get when people say things like this is why that is not Fields. He is utterly selfless and he ran the offense he was given to run to near perfection. Do as told? Like wait for your receiver to make a late move downfield even if it mean you get crushed by a rusher. Like if your first or second read is open throw it to him rather than make a 3rd or 4th read because it will enhance your draft status?

Like a lot of things in life these days there seems to be this false choice between two alternatives - is he an athletic free-lancer, or is he going to run the offense? Why can't a guy do both? FWIW Mahomes completes most of his passes from within the pocket!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Forge said:

lol

Oh, he was definitely trolling. I know everyone ran with Shanny tipping off that the pick is Jones in live time, but going back and looking at his quotes, dude was playing games the entire time. He knew exactly the type of questions he was going to be asked and had this smug look at his face lol.

I mean think about it, why would he even join that presser when he didn't have to? 

3 minutes ago, P_locniners said:

My concern isn’t VS the rush, I just wanted something more than another Jimmy G with pocket presence.

if Jones had an elite arm or had the mobility of a Fields/Lance, I would be more accepting of that pick. But his arm is average as is his mobility. If we are finding a QB of the future, let’s add as many positive elements we can. Pocket presence is great, just wish there were more benefits to what we are getting for what we gave up.

...or they could draft Fields and actually get it all.

Average? You mean compared to starting NFL QBs or college QBs? You honestly think that if you went down the list of starting NFL QBs you could name 15 that have a weaker arm than him>

10 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Florio "I have a former GM insisting it is Fields, INSISTING it is Fields. It is stunning to me"

Here comes the Fields train!!!!!

Florio was the first major reporter to say that Watson was going to request a trade. Also the first (maybe only) to say that he heard that Josh McDaniels was going to renege on his deal to be the Colts HC

He's gotten a lot more reliable over the years

4 minutes ago, big9erfan said:

Average? You mean compared to starting NFL QBs or college QBs? You honestly think that if you went down the list of starting NFL QBs you could name 15 that have a weaker arm than him>

I meant average overall, but thanks for strengthening my point. 

I would put his arm strength at Jimmy G level, not much more. Let’s just say it leaves something to be desired.

37 minutes ago, big9erfan said:

What I don't get when people say things like this is why that is not Fields. He is utterly selfless and he ran the offense he was given to run to near perfection. Do as told? Like wait for your receiver to make a late move downfield even if it mean you get crushed by a rusher. Like if your first or second read is open throw it to him rather than make a 3rd or 4th read because it will enhance your draft status?

Like a lot of things in life these days there seems to be this false choice between two alternatives - is he an athletic free-lancer, or is he going to run the offense? Why can't a guy do both? FWIW Mahomes completes most of his passes from within the pocket!

I agree with the majority of your post except for a couple words that are most likely hyperbole with the bolded portion. Not saying he is a selfish guy, every person has a right to do what is best for them. However the fashion in which he left UGA was not selfless. Like I said, no hate for the guy, he's who I want the niners to draft and everyone has that right but there were narratives that his camp spun that were not good and most likely just to get him immediate eligibility.