Draft Week! Third Overall Pick - POLL

N4L

Who do you want the niners to draft?  

56 members have voted

1. 1. Which QB?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/30/2021 at 12:00 AM

Just got a notification that says the Steelers are interested in Kyle trask and they have him as one of their top 5 QBs. So there is that. I can't imagine Pitt fans would be all too reasonable about taking Trask in 1. I know I wouldn't be. 

7 minutes ago, GW21 said:

Just got a notification that says the Steelers are interested in Kyle trask and they have him as one of their top 5 QBs. So there is that. I can't imagine Pitt fans would be all too reasonable about taking Trask in 1. I know I wouldn't be. 

I posted that in the draft forum as well lol 

41 minutes ago, Forge said:

why do i keep reading stuff like this? it already seems impossibly clear to me. Brady and Ryan and a couple other guys ive seen Jones compared to have plus arms. His is negative. I just cant fathom a QB that cant move and also doesn't an above average arm. On the other hand there is tons of film out ther showing Fields doing the same things Jones gets praised for, If he doesn't do it regularly then coach him up.

6 minutes ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

Breer has Jones mocked to us in his draft but did say he won't be surprised if the pick is Lance....

I just don't see it being fields at this point...Lance seems unlikely. I think this has to be Mac. 

Just now, SonsofFenris7 said:

Kyle and John better be ready to for the blowback of this choice.. as the fire them clock with be started..

I don't think that they care. The fact is that their clock has started regardless of the selection. This is their shot. They've ostensibly had two shots at this and that's rare enough, you almost never get a third without previous sustained success. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Forge said:

I don't think that they care. The fact is that their clock has started regardless of the selection. This is their shot. They've ostensibly had two shots at this and that's rare enough, you almost never get a third without previous sustained success. 

I agree and it is going to be fun thursday night on here and twitter..

59 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Maiocco thinks we may be able to get a 2022 1st rounder for Jimmy.

So if we are to compare this to the Browns in 2018:

Lance - Allen

Jones - Darnold

Mayfield - Fields

You know what that means right??? Fields will be the pick!!!!!

I don't see how he has anywhere near that value right now. I'm thinking like 4th ? I mean, if they haven't agreed to a trade as is, whatever value they had for him yesterday they just melted lol. I'm guessing that they have a trade agreed to in principle, but maybe its conditional on the draft playing out. But I don't know why anyone is giving up anything of value for a player who just had his value torpedoed

1 minute ago, Forge said:

I don't see how he has anywhere near that value right now. I'm thinking like 4th ? I mean, if they haven't agreed to a trade as is, whatever value they had for him yesterday they just melted lol. I'm guessing that they have a trade agreed to in principle, but maybe its conditional on the draft playing out. But I don't know why anyone is giving up anything of value for a player who just had his value torpedoed

Maybe it's a Carson Wentz type of deal where it is conditional on his playing time. I know I wouldn't trust Jimmy to stay healthy after the past couple of years. 

56 minutes ago, Ftn49 said:

He would have been starting the next season at UGA had he not left and the way that (not necessarily him for sure but it was his camp absolutely) UGA's name was ran through the mud about it in order for him to be able to play was not a good look. 

But it is neither here nor there, we can agree to disagree on the one small bit.

we're good. Maybe not "utterly selfless".

But food for thought - what if the things that were said at the time were true (because I've read that they were)?

1 minute ago, GW21 said:

Maybe it's a Carson Wentz type of deal where it is conditional on his playing time. I know I wouldn't trust Jimmy to stay healthy after the past couple of years. 

The only thing is...where is he going? New England? I mean, they seem to be interested in drafting a guy, so I'm assuming that it's contingent on the draft in that situation. I thought i saw an alert that they had been talking to Carolina about a move up. 

Denver does not appear to be a thing. Not sure that Chicago is a thing..they can make the money fairly easily, so maybe it's a Dalton or Foles + pick situation? I feel like that is probably the most reasonable scenario, but they still have to make the money (Jimmy Graham cut, HIcks maybe a cut, etc) 

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2705937-simms-spotlight-patrick-mahomes-is-2017-nfl-drafts-most-special-qb-talent

So we know Simms QB rankings the last few yeas but apparently he was also very high on Mahomes.

Damn, this man really can evaluate QBs lol. Obviously he will have some misses, but one thing that would make me feel okay about the Jones pick is how high Simms is of him. 

• Like 1