Draft Week! Third Overall Pick - POLL

N4L

Who do you want the niners to draft?  

56 members have voted

1. 1. Which QB?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/30/2021 at 12:00 AM

Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2705937-simms-spotlight-patrick-mahomes-is-2017-nfl-drafts-most-special-qb-talent

So we know Simms QB rankings the last few yeas but apparently he was also very high on Mahomes.

Damn, this man really can evaluate QBs lol. Obviously he will have some misses, but one thing that would make me feel okay about the Jones pick is how high Simms is of him. 

Dont care if Simms is high on him.. we dont need another Jimmy G clone.. I have watched all the Alabama games this year and that is what he reminds of.. We need dynamic Qb's like Fields and Lance over this guy..

3 minutes ago, Forge said:

The only thing is...where is he going? New England? I mean, they seem to be interested in drafting a guy, so I'm assuming that it's contingent on the draft in that situation. I thought i saw an alert that they had been talking to Carolina about a move up. 

Denver does not appear to be a thing. Not sure that Chicago is a thing..they can make the money fairly easily, so maybe it's a Dalton or Foles + pick situation? I feel like that is probably the most reasonable scenario, but they still have to make the money (Jimmy Graham cut, HIcks maybe a cut, etc) 

I did see the notification about NE and CAR. I think you're on it. If anyone was going to trade I think Chicago would be the two that'd make the most sense, just for the sheer cost it may take to get up and take a QB and the fact that Pace and Nagy might as well be sitting on the stove going into this season. Maybe they're thinking, 'we need to save our jobs, if this doesn't work out then we're gone anyway'. 

Just now, SonsofFenris7 said:

Dont care if Simms is high on him.. we dont need another Jimmy G clone.. I have watched all the Alabama games this year and that is what he reminds of.. We need dynamic Qb's like Fields and Lance over this guy..

You are preaching to the choir, but I'm just saying, if this man is high on him, then that makes me feel at least a bit better.  

• Like 1

Just now, GW21 said:

I did see the notification about NE and CAR. I think you're on it. If anyone was going to trade I think Chicago would be the two that'd make the most sense, just for the sheer cost it may take to get up and take a QB and the fact that Pace and Nagy might as well be sitting on the stove going into this season. Maybe they're thinking, 'we need to save our jobs, if this doesn't work out then we're gone anyway'. 

We can also eat a good chunk of this years cash, which is an underrated possibility. Miami did it for Tannehill. We could convert 12 Million of his base to signing bonus that gets absorbed at time of trade and makes him a 15 million dollar quarterback. Lot more palatable for teams. I just think the market is super limited which is going to depress value (never mind Kyle's dumpster fire yesterday and jimmy's play or lack thereof). 

1 minute ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

You are preaching to the choir, but I'm just saying, if this man is high on him, then that makes me feel at least a bit better.  

He had Josh Rosen #2 in 2018. Does that make you feel worse? LOL 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2705937-simms-spotlight-patrick-mahomes-is-2017-nfl-drafts-most-special-qb-talent

So we know Simms QB rankings the last few yeas but apparently he was also very high on Mahomes.

Damn, this man really can evaluate QBs lol. Obviously he will have some misses, but one thing that would make me feel okay about the Jones pick is how high Simms is of him. 

Hasn't Simms missed pretty hard on some guys too? I mean obviously he's going to hit every now and again, like everyone else, but I feel like he's living off of being high on Mahomes. 

1 minute ago, GW21 said:

Hasn't Simms missed pretty hard on some guys too? I mean obviously he's going to hit every now and again, like everyone else, but I feel like he's living off of being high on Mahomes. 

Yes. He's living off that and the fact that at one point he had Lamar Jackson at #2 in 2018. That's actually what Simms himself has been sharing to show that he knows what he's talking about while not divulging that his final rankings changed lol. Lamar was #4, Rosen 2. 

2019 is one that it's hard to judge anyone for because it was just a bad class. Hard to fault him. But Daniel Jones, for all his warts is easily the second best qb in that class and Simms had him #6, behind guys like Finley (jesus, what did finley do to mesmerize people...I had him as a udfa...Mcshay had him like #30 on his big board too) and Jarrett Stidham. 

4 minutes ago, GW21 said:

It kind of feels like the ship has sailed on trading Jimmy this offseason. Obviously, it takes one desperate team that didn't get the QB it wanted in the draft, but trade partners have all but dried up. 

Personally, I still think it's best to let Jimmy start for us this year, then trade him next offseason when more teams are in the hunt for a QB.

Yes. He's living off that and the fact that at one point he had Lamar Jackson at #2 in 2018. That's actually what Simms himself has been sharing to show that he knows what he's talking about while not divulging that his final rankings changed lol. Lamar was #4, Rosen 2

I feel like I've been scammed... 

7 minutes ago, Forge said:

He called Ryan Finley a 1st round pick.

If you listen to old episodes, he doesn't point out very many flaws, just talks dudes up a bunch and puts them in a seemingly random order

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, NinerNation21 said:

It kind of feels like the ship has sailed on trading Jimmy this offseason. Obviously, it takes one desperate team that didn't get the QB it wanted in the draft, but trade partners have all but dried up. 

Personally, I still think it's best to let Jimmy start for us this year, then trade him next offseason when more teams are in the hunt for a QB.

To parallel that I hope we don't just to rehab his value a bit. I don't care if Jimmy wins the SB next year it would be his last year on the team.

At one point...Then another ranking had Lamar #1 and Allen #2. Either way, was always much higher on those two than anyone else while being lower on Darnold....Calling the Mahomes shot when no one really had him going that high is big time...Then last year being higher on Herbert than Tua which looks good thus far. 

From any top guy, right now there hasn't been anyone I've seen consistently as good as Simms as evaluating QBs. His other rankings I haven't studied as much but I will start looking more into those..........to see if he has any chance of becoming a GM or not LOL.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

At one point...Then another ranking had Lamar #1 and Allen #2. Either way, was always much higher on those two than anyone else while being lower on Darnold....Calling the Mahomes shot when no one really had him going that high is big time...Then last year being higher on Herbert than Tua which looks good thus far. 

From any top guy, right now there hasn't been anyone I've seen consistently as good as Simms as evaluating QBs. His other rankings I haven't studied as much but I will start looking more into those..........to see if he has any chance of becoming a GM or not LOL.

Yikes, I just had a minor panic attack when I thought of him replacing John Lynch for some reason. lol.