Draft Week! Third Overall Pick - POLL

N4L

Who do you want the niners to draft?  

56 members have voted

1. 1. Which QB?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/30/2021 at 12:00 AM

I feel like MM was trying to do fans a solid and tell them that the pick was Mac Jones the entire time lol. His podcasts have been amazingly pro Jones since the start (after that initial take with Justin Fields), and he's ending with the grandaddy of them all, Chris Simms on his final pod  before the draft. 

I think MM thought it was going to be Fields and got info that it was definitely not going to be him lol 

5 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

I'll say as a Rams fan, I'll be very happy if you pick Mac Jones. Yeah, the guy could be the next Brees or Manning. But odds are that he isn't. If he's not, he's a pretty middling talent. On the other hand, Fields and Lance are dynamic talents, and I'd hate to see Shanahan's scheme with a major rushing threat at QB. I have little doubt that Kyle will get the most out of whomever it is he drafts, so I'd rather he take the lesser talent.

There are two things I'm hoping for at the draft: 

Goodell to announce his draft selection by calling him McCorkle, and a live video feed in the other NFC West draft teams when the pick announcement is made. 

21 minutes ago, Uncle_Rico said:

Mac is a great decision maker. You can pick out a clip of any top QBs missing an opportunity and checking down. 

Mac isn’t a check down artist. Not sure what else to say about that. He’s aggressive down the field. Wish he had more arm strength though.

We see what we see. I don't see him aggressive down the field at all, andhis "heat chart" demonstrates that pretty clearly. To the outside he is down right cold in the heat chart. The reason is his arm can't do long outs, at least not beyond the level of a really good HS QB. And a lot of his long passes were to guys that were 5 to 10 yards clear of defenders, and even then oftenunderthrown.

7 minutes ago, 49erurtaza said:

Well if it makes you feel better Chris Simms on Matt Maiocco pod today said Jones has a better arm then brees by a tiny bit. Lol 

He should know better than me. But I doubt it. The clincher for me was watching Jones and Fields pro days that happened on the same day. Absolutely no comparison on how the ball came out of their hands. Jones throws a nice, soft, easily catchable ball, but anything over 25 yards (15 to 20 if it's cross field) is going to a lot of air under it.

5 minutes ago, big9erfan said:

He should know better than me. But I doubt it. The clincher for me was watching Jones and Fields pro days that happened on the same day. Absolutely no comparison on how the ball came out of their hands. Jones throws a nice, soft, easily catchable ball, but anything over 25 yards (15 to 20 if it's cross field) is going to a lot of air under it.

I re-watched the fields pro day last night.. it is night and day vs jones..

• Like 1

Just now, 49ers fan said:

And give up on Lamar? That's ridiculous.

It was more about the placement of Fields. He was basically proposing a radical idea of just rotating QBs. We've brought it up for the 49ers before. nobody will ever do it, I think. But the idea is just keep cycling through guys on rookie deals and pay for the talent around them. 

What suprised me most with Simms was how he really doubts if Fields his throwing mechanics will translate to the NFL. I get he has a bit of a chicken wing delivery and it could be quicker but in terms of accuracy there isn't much bad. Maybe he values short stuff way more than the long ones which is an area Fields his mechanics do hold him back some. 

1 minute ago, Forge said:

It was more about the placement of Fields. He was basically proposing a radical idea of just rotating QBs. We've brought it up for the 49ers before. nobody will ever do it, I think. But the idea is just keep cycling through guys on rookie deals and pay for the talent around them. 

I think from Bucky it's more so of what he wants to see but IIRC, he campaigned for Fields to SF like a week ago. 

17 minutes ago, Forge said:

I feel like MM was trying to do fans a solid and tell them that the pick was Mac Jones the entire time lol. His podcasts have been amazingly pro Jones since the start (after that initial take with Justin Fields), and he's ending with the grandaddy of them all, Chris Simms on his final pod  before the draft. 

I think MM thought it was going to be Fields and got info that it was definitely not going to be him lol 

Maiocco really got some impressive guests in his latest podcasts. Cosell, Schefter, Silver, Simms 

• Like 1