Draft Week! Third Overall Pick - POLL

N4L

Who do you want the niners to draft?  

56 members have voted

1. 1. Which QB?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/30/2021 at 12:00 AM

Just now, Forge said:

If you haven't listened to the pod, do it. There's nothing that will make you more certain that we are drafting Mac, I swear. He was liiiiiivid 

I saw your post and almost done with it.i actually wish it was longer lol. 

5 minutes ago, Forge said:

If you haven't listened to the pod, do it. There's nothing that will make you more certain that we are drafting Mac, I swear. He was liiiiiivid 

They are doing nothing more than we are doing in this forum....thinking about the worst possible outcome and discussing it. They are making great points as to how bad the pick could POTENTIALLY be, but they aren’t providing any new information we haven’t heard.

Again, Mac Jones pick is not set in stone

i still think it’s Fields

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Justone2 said:

What suprised me most with Simms was how he really doubts if Fields his throwing mechanics will translate to the NFL. I get he has a bit of a chicken wing delivery and it could be quicker but in terms of accuracy there isn't much bad. Maybe he values short stuff way more than the long ones which is an area Fields his mechanics do hold him back some. 

If I can frozen rope one 30 or 40 yards to the far sideline, or throw one 60 yards while rolling left I don't know how much criticism his motion can have, unless they can speed it up without ruining his strength or accuracy.

2 hours ago, 49ersfan said:

Listening to the podcast. Simms said this about the QB's

-Jones is best at decision making & accuracy, quickest to go through reads, best in the pocket along with Wilson, able to shuffle & manipulate the pocket while making the appropriate throw, can make every throw outside the Rodgers laser types, doesn't need room in the pocket - can adjust even with no room. No 1 elite trait, but add all these traits and its elite QB play. He'd be shocked if its not Jones. Says Jones arm is slightly stronger than Brees was coming out of college

-Fields has issues with mechanics, which is why you hear rumours of him falling. 

-Lance has more consistency in throwing motion

Simms also noted he doesn't have inside info

70+% completion rate, 80+% on target rate, probably best long passer in the draft, and we're going to list as a serious negative "mechanics"? People really are just looking for flaws in that diamond!

4 minutes ago, P_locniners said:

They are doing nothing more than we are doing in this forum....thinking about the worst possible outcome and discussing it. They are making great points as to how bad the pick could POTENTIALLY be, but they aren’t providing any new information we haven’t heard.

Again, Mac Jones pick is not set in stone

i still think it’s Fields

He was pretty straight about having reasons to believe what he does. This was info based it seemed like

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

He was pretty straight about having reasons to believe what he does. This was info based it seemed like

We disagree with each other on this one, I don’t think anything they said in the press conference tipped their hand at all, what they said is applicable to all the qb’s.

I will laugh it Biderman just wasted 30 minutes ranting for no reason.

FIELDS!!!

Edited by P_locniners

5 minutes ago, P_locniners said:

We disagree with each other on this one, I don’t think anything they said in the press conference tipped their hand at all, what they said is applicable to all the qb’s.

I will laugh it Biderman just wasted 30 minutes ranting for no reason.

FIELDS!!!

It wasn't based on the press conference, though I wish he would have shared the info that made him change his mind. That would have helped

It's easy to see Kyle loves Mac and was the #3 QB in his rankings when they moved up. That's where I think everyone info is from. I do believe Lynch and Kyle dug deep on Fields and Lance. I don't think anyone knows if Kyles rankings have changed that's the only thing that keeps me hopeful. 

Just now, 49erurtaza said:

It's easy to see Kyle loves Mac and was the #3 QB in his rankings when they moved up. That's where I think everyone info is from. I do believe Lynch and Kyle dug deep on Fields and Lance. I don't think anyone knows if Kyles rankings have changed that's the only thing that keeps me hopeful. 

I'm starting to believe the schism between shanny and scouting team though