Draft Week! Third Overall Pick - POLL

N4L

Who do you want the niners to draft?  

56 members have voted

1. 1. Which QB?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/30/2021 at 12:00 AM

6 minutes ago, P_locniners said:

Ehhhh I disagree, I would think Shannahan would figure that players like Lance and Fields would get drafted before Jones, because that is the QB trend everyone is seeing.

Then, Kyle thinking that he is a genius, would think “ I will let people grab these guys and I will take the one no one wants because I can make him the best and he is perfect for my scheme (Jones)”, I don’t think he would wanna move up to #3 and give up what they gave up when he could have gotten him at #6.

but then again, we are trying to jump into someone else’s head, so we could be very wrong

Beathard, Pettis, Foster

5 minutes ago, big9erfan said:

Beathard, Pettis, Foster

Yep, I can agree with those. All drafted later in the draft, where boards get VERY different from each other.

most NFL teams have a very similar top 10-15 board to each other, At least in terms of the players included, maybe not exactly where they lie working that 10-15. 

if you are picking top 5-10, regardless of how good you think you are, you must have a pulse on what other teams are thinking or planning, getting a lay of the land. Bad example: Dallas trading to #1 in this draft for Pitts, knowing that the first few picks are gonna be QBs

Edited by P_locniners

1 minute ago, Forge said:

I'll defend the foster move from now until I die

Yeah, that looked like a great value pick. Injuries and off field issues killed his career but didn't mind that trade up at all. But the trade up for Williams and Beathard in the same draft? Ugly. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Yeah, that looked like a great value pick. Injuries and off field issues killed his career but didn't mind that trade up at all. But the trade up for Williams and Beathard in the same draft? Ugly. 

And Pettis 

2 minutes ago, SonsofFenris7 said:

You can Hurd as well.. we are the walking wounded drafters..

I meant in the sense of trading up. We traded up for Pettis, I don’t remember if we traded up for Hurd or not? 🤔

To those saying Jed should step in...

1. We don’t even know the pick yet. Chill out. 

2. No. Just no. The minute the owner gets involved in player personnel we’re done. That works for no one. Jed had zero football background. 

3. Mac’s gonna be a frickin stud and you all are gonna adamantly deny you were ever against the pick when he’s got 3 big old rings on his fingers a decade from now. 

4. Probably not, but I wanted to be able to quote myself in the future and say I told you so just in case. Hey, when you’re one of two or three niner fans rooting for Mac to be the pick, you might as well own it. 

• Like 5

1 minute ago, straighthate said:

To those saying Jed should step in...

1. We don’t even know the pick yet. Chill out. 

2. No. Just no. The minute the owner gets involved in player personnel we’re done. That works for no one. Jed had zero football background. 

3. Mac’s gonna be a frickin stud and you all are gonna adamantly deny you were ever against the pick when he’s got 3 big old rings on his fingers a decade from now. 

4. Probably not, but I wanted to be able to quote myself in the future and say I told you so just in case. Hey, when you’re one of two or three niner fans rooting for Mac to be the pick, you might as well own it. 

Agreed with 1 and 2. 

3 and 4 made me smile. 

Well done