Draft Week! Third Overall Pick - POLL

N4L

Who do you want the niners to draft?  

56 members have voted

1. 1. Which QB?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/30/2021 at 12:00 AM

17 minutes ago, N4L said:

I love your energy in this thread, but I am going to disagree with you here. 

They said "If you would have been happy with someone at 12, be happy with them at 3" That was a direct response to everyone saying they would have been find with mac at 12 but hate the value of a trade up. 

They said in the first press conference a few days after the trade was made that "we knew guys were going to go A LOT higher than people realize"

So even if mac is the pick, they DID make the trade up to 3 to get someone they didnt think would be there at 12. So I dont think there was anything concrete in your reasoning, even though I am completely with you that I think the pick is fields

One of the worst parts about this whole saga is that we wont know exactly where mac would have gone if we didnt trade up. It would be so vindicating to draft fields or lance and then have mac fall past #12. That would be so glorious, but taking mac will mean we never get to see how other teams valued him, which sucks. 

Well don’t worry, we getting Fields

• Like 1

9 hours ago, AustrianNiner said:
9 hours ago, Forge said:

The rams are so much better at this drafting thing than us 😆

Expand  

I mean they have a lot of time to chill in the pool before the draft actually starts for them 😄

This post didnt get enough love earlier. Well done lad 

• Like 1

Something interesting I just noted looking at the QB collective page. Chris Forester is going to be doing some sort of lineman camp soon. He is our OL coach.

Maybe the hints they are dropping have more merit than I thought? 

Also - pretty solid read here:

The new NFL offense is an old NFL offense: How the 49ers, Titans, Vikings and others are evolving Mike Shanahan's offensive scheme | NFL News, Rankings and Statistics | PFF

18 hours ago, Forge said:

At the very least can we all agree that he's a tool?

I mean, even Browns fans allow me that with Baker I'm pretty sure @MWil23 @candyman93 @LETSGOBROWNIES

The narrative that somehow he's got every intangible, lives/eats/breathes football, is somehow super mature (not to mention his DUI past issue(s)), along with how awful of shape he's in, parlayed with that past social media post his sister shared,...not to mention his extremely limited skillset from a physical tools standpoint, and the surrounding cast of OL that basically never allowed him to be touched, the elite RB/game that he had, and 4 separate Top 15 NFL WR who were ALWAYS college open, making his poise and accuracy almost impossible to gauge...

LOL

I don't get it at all man.

Edited by MWil23
  • Like 9

36 hours until we can end this madness. lol, I can kind of understand why you guys like the drama, however I can't say I'm that much of a fan lol. I haven't been able to concentrate on anything besides this in days.

Edited by Ftn49

1 hour ago, MWil23 said:

The narrative that somehow he's got every intangible, lives/eats/breathes football, is somehow super mature (not to mention his DUI past issue(s)), along with how awful of shape he's in...

Judging by his shape maybe he does in fact eat footballs. Glazed in caramel and sprinkles in a big bowl of cream. 

• Like 2

For the record, not to give you 49er fans false hope, but if you locked in at the 7/1 Justin Fields at 3 odds, I'd feel pretty good about that. I've been of this mindset for a while, if nothing else, than the reasons I listed above.

That said, if anyone has the stones and is narcissistic enough to make this trade up and select The Ghost of Chad Pennington's skillset with Johnny Manziel's likeability factor, it's Kyle Shanahan

I have a feeling when they did the press conference they still didn't know. Wouldn't surprise me if they wait till right when we are on the clock. 

Also I think Adam just set us up to draft Lance there. I'm feeling pretty good about Lance right now. 

Edited by 49erurtaza
  • Like 1