Draft Week! Third Overall Pick - POLL

N4L

Who do you want the niners to draft?  

56 members have voted

1. 1. Which QB?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/30/2021 at 12:00 AM

6 hours ago, Aussie9er said:

I just can't do it. Already looking at other things to spend my $275 i usually spend on league pass a league incase we take Jones. 

When they gutted the roster and fired Harbaugh, I quit watch for 2 years so I feel you. Let's just hope they hold on to Jimmy so he can go full revenge tour

11 minutes ago, mrscottso said:

I still want Jones. We are built to win now, and the only guy imo, that could step in if Jimmy goes down this year, is Jones. By the time Fields and Lance are ready, (If they ever are) the roster will be different.

Neither Fields or Lance is unplayable, there are two things working against rookies that come into the league. Speed of the game and learning the playbook. Speed of the game is going to be equal across the board. That leaves learning the playbook. Despite the savant label being thrown around about Jones all three QBs being directed our way have been described as incredibly intelligent and hardworking by people that have actually worked with them before. If Shanny can get "meathead" Jimmy (used by several guys to describe him) ready to play in a month I have absolute certainty that he could with the rookies as well. 

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, not trying to invalidate yours but I do disagree greatly with it. 

22 minutes ago, mrscottso said:

I still want Jones. We are built to win now, and the only guy imo, that could step in if Jimmy goes down this year, is Jones. By the time Fields and Lance are ready, (If they ever are) the roster will be different.

Yeah by the time our roster isn't as talented Mac won't be able to lift us up like most good to elite QBs do.

"I'm told that many in the 49ers' personnel department have pushed for North Dakota State QB Trey Lance but that coach Kyle Shanahan wants to draft Alabama's Mac Jones," wrote McShay. "One person I spoke to even heard that Shanahan might 'acquiesce' to the scouting department on the selection, but others have said that seems unlikely. At this time of year, there is a lot of seed planting with the rumor mill, and it could certainly be the case here."

• Like 1

This really does feel like 2017 all over again:

Trubisky & Jones - One year starters who balled out. Athletic enough, don't have strong arms. All draft-season hype. Was/will be drafted higher than they have a right to be. 

Fields & Watson - Passes the eye test and checks every box. Lead big programs to big games. Dripping with traits. Franchise QBs. Was/will be passed up on for lame or fake reasons. 

Mahomes & Lance - True wildcards. Boom or bust guys will sky-high potential. Need the right fit. Scares teams away with their risk. Mahomes went too low and Lance could do the same. 

I'm not comparing skills and scouting profiles, I'm comparing situations. It's weird, to me, how history feels like it's repeating itself 4 years later. Trubisky was obviously the wrong choice and it feels like we're gearing up to be the 2017 Bears on draft night, except we got fleeced even harder than what the Bears did. 

I'm still holding out hope the right decision will be made, but it's really feeling like we're in for a bad time on Thursday night.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

"I'm told that many in the 49ers' personnel department have pushed for North Dakota State QB Trey Lance but that coach Kyle Shanahan wants to draft Alabama's Mac Jones," wrote McShay. "One person I spoke to even heard that Shanahan might 'acquiesce' to the scouting department on the selection, but others have said that seems unlikely. At this time of year, there is a lot of seed planting with the rumor mill, and it could certainly be the case here."

Didn't one of Shanny's friends say that he loved Lance last week? Maybe i'm just gasping for straws here lol 

That being said, Rappaport & King are saying Lance is in consideration. Now McShay. Simms also said that Lance's name being mentioned this late is significant. None of those 4 guys mentioned Lance until recently. Its been Mac

@J-ALL-DAY did note that around this time is when we would start to hear another name if it was legit....and we are hearing Lance's name pop up more..

Edited by 49ersfan
  • Like 1

Just now, NinerNation21 said:

This really does feel like 2017 all over again:

Trubisky & Jones - One year starters who balled out. Athletic enough, don't have strong arms. All draft-season hype. Was/will be drafted higher than they have a right to be. 

Fields & Watson - Passes the eye test and checks every box. Lead big programs to big games. Dripping with traits. Franchise QBs. Was/will be passed up on for lame or fake reasons. 

Mahomes & Lance - True wildcards. Boom or bust guys will sky-high potential. Need the right fit. Scares teams away with their risk. Mahomes went too low and Lance could do the same. 

I'm not comparing skills and scouting profiles, I'm comparing situations. It's weird, to me, how history feels like it's repeating itself 4 years later. Trubisky was obviously the wrong choice and it feels like we're gearing up to be the 2017 Bears on draft night, except we got fleeced even harder than what the Bears did. 

I'm still holding out hope the right decision will be made, but it's really feeling like we're in for a bad time on Thursday night.

Funny that you mentioned this. Colin Cowherd said a few weeks back that Pace and Nagy were looked at differently after the Trubisky fiasco and the same will happen to Kyle/Lynch(more Kyle) if he ends up selecting Mac daddy Jones.

Just now, 49ersfan said:

Didn't one of Shanny's friends say that he loved Lance last week? Maybe i'm just gasping for straws here lol 

That being said, Rappaport & King are saying Lance is in consideration. Now McShay. Simms also said that Lance's name being mentioned this late is significant 

@J-ALL-DAY did note that around this time is when we would start to hear another name if it was legit....and we are hearing Lance's name pop up more..

lol yeah Charles Robinson said that..

2 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

No, Lombardi was the first to report this, he's just mocking people who questioned his report. 

I really want it to be Field, and this just adds to it. It'd be really funny to see this fool put in his place again. Was it Allbright that was crapping on Lombardi from his post garuanting that Fields wasn't going 3? That was pretty funny. 

• Like 1