Draft Week! Third Overall Pick - POLL

N4L

Who do you want the niners to draft?  

56 members have voted

1. 1. Which QB?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/30/2021 at 12:00 AM

10 minutes ago, 49ersfan said:

Feels like this situation is very similar to the Browns back in '18

If your draft goes down like ours did in 2018, I assume you'll be happy. While I'm higher on Baker than most, we also landed Denzel Ward and Nick Chubb. 2018 and 2020 Baker are actually pretty solid quarterbacks, and the other 2 are Pro Bowlers...but yeah, I was Team Darnold all the way that year. 

1 minute ago, 49erurtaza said:

I'm feeling pretty good Lance is going to be the pick. 

This is a quote from Kyle right after the trade. If you believe what he said, out of Mac and Lance, who does this sound like to you?

You look at our team and everything, and you want to have an idea of what this guy can do right away, how he fits in your team right away and what that means for the future, but I don’t think you want to make a decision to move up to three and do what we did just based off of what’s the best for one year.

6 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

When you say chunk, how much are you speaking? Because I don't think it is worth doing all that. Rather just release him and save 24M and use that money to start extending guys and roll it forward to next year. 

I think 10-12 is reasonable. But it's all a matter of compensation coming back, and in some instances, we may have salary come back which would change the needed amount as well. 

4 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

If your draft goes down like ours did in 2018, I assume you'll be happy. While I'm higher on Baker than most, we also landed Denzel Ward and Nick Chubb. 2018 and 2020 Baker are actually pretty solid quarterbacks, and the other 2 are Pro Bowlers...but yeah, I was Team Darnold all the way that year

Baker all the way for me, obviously. As a result, there are more Browns fans here in Sooner country. 

Just now, XScutterX said:

This is a quote from Kyle right after the trade. If you believe what he said, out of Mac and Lance, who does this sound like to you?

It sounds like he's talking out bot sides of his mouth. On one hand, he's talking about the value of someone who can hit the ground running. On the other hand, year one value isn't the end all be all. He's talking like this to not tip his hand. 

22 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

NO MORE HASHTAGS!!! I'm tired of the #Questfor6 or #Revengetour hashtags that lead to us being disappointed every single season lol.

Seriously though, as much as people will dislike the Jones pick, getting someone like Gilmore puts this team right back in the SB mix and this should be a top 10 offense...Fairly easily with decent health. 

I started watching football & became a 49ers fan around 1997.. with a solid roster I will go into every year with huge SB dreams until I actually get to see them win one.

• Like 3

So thats Rappaport, King, McShay, Schefter, & now Maiocco who've all hedged this week on Lace possibly being the selection

I think its 3 things

1 - If Mac was a slam dunk to be our pick, he would have been the pick by now. As Chris Simms said, if Lance's name is still popping up at this point, thats significant. 

2 - The media is often late in catching up to what teams will do in the draft. If they're reporting that Lance is under consideration, its possible that Lance was the guy all along and they're just now catching wind of it 

3- Nobody knows and everyone is guessing

Edited by 49ersfan

9 minutes ago, XScutterX said:

Sounds like Justin Fields to me

Just now, adamq said:

Sounds like Justin Fields to me

I hope so. I'd be good with Lance though. To follow Shanny's reasoning, I was good with Lance at 12 and I would be good with him at 3. Lance is definitely more of a projection which scares me a bit, but if he hits we've got ourselves a superstar.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, 49ersfan said:

So thats Rappaport, King, McShay, Schefter, & now Maiocco who've all hedged this week on Lace possibly being the selection

I think its 3 things

1 - If Mac was a slam dunk to be our pick, he would have been the pick by now. As Chris Simms said, if Lance's name is still popping up at this point, thats significant. 

2 - The media is often late in catching up to what teams will do in the draft. If they're reporting that Lance is under consideration, its possible that Lance was the guy all along and they're just now catching wind of it 

3- Nobody knows and everyone is guessing

I think it's safe to say Mac was our safe pick if Lance or Fields couldn't convince Shanny.