Draft Week! Third Overall Pick - POLL

N4L

Who do you want the niners to draft?  

56 members have voted

1. 1. Which QB?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/30/2021 at 12:00 AM

1 minute ago, N4L said:

A lot of people have been saying this. Someone please make it make sense why fields isn't an absolute LOCK at #3??

Throwing motion, YPA under 11 even though he primarily throws it deep(for the stat nerds under us) and the amount of sacks and fumbles are the main three i can think off. 

He is lights out in the intermediate and deep but could feasibly rank him fifth or even behind Trask on the short stuff. I think NFL coaches in general would rate shorter stuff more important because it keeps you on schedule and is in a lot of cases kind of a running game replacement. if you think his throwing motion will keep him from developing that without it costing him in the areas he is already good in there is very little on field stuff that would worry me about him so i almost have to believe there is some off field stuff(either injury or something else) with how low he is getting mocked by a group of guys that mock more on what their buddies tell them than pure film study.

6 minutes ago, N4L said:

A lot of people have been saying this. Someone please make it make sense why fields isn't an absolute LOCK at #3??

Maybe there is something to any of these: Processing? Throwing motion? Short-intermediate accuracy? Covid vector (kidding on this one! Just not understanding, either)?

32 minutes ago, GW21 said:

I did not, or the premier, or anything between. I assume it was like the ending of Dexter or the last season of GoT? 

I've never seen GoT, but Season 8 of Dexter wouldn't be out of place

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Justone2 said:

Throwing motion, YPA under 11 even though he primarily throws it deep(for the stat nerds under us) and the amount of sacks and fumbles are the main three i can think off. 

He is lights out in the intermediate and deep but could feasibly rank him fifth or even behind Trask on the short stuff. I think NFL coaches in general would rate shorter stuff more important because it keeps you on schedule and is in a lot of cases kind of a running game replacement. if you think his throwing motion will keep him from developing that without it costing him in the areas he is already good in there is very little on field stuff that would worry me about him so i almost have to believe there is some off field stuff(either injury or something else) with how low he is getting mocked by a group of guys that mock more on what their buddies tell them than pure film study.

58% of all of Mac's dropbacks were screens, RPO's, or play-action passes. It's like somehow omitting 60% of someone's body of work is now a positive here.

51 minutes ago, GW21 said:

I hope so. I'd be good with Lance though. To follow Shanny's reasoning, I was good with Lance at 12 and I would be good with him at 3. Lance is definitely more of a projection which scares me a bit, but if he hits we've got ourselves a superstar.

Lance was scary to me at one point, but is less scary now. When I look at anything Lance related, I picture Josh Allen and the Bills.

The Bills committed to building around Allen and his strengths because they know he needed the right situation to grow. They did it right and it's paying off for them now. They did this with Brian Daboll at OC, who is not known for his passing wizardry, but the staff helped Allen unlock his potential by helping with his accuracy issues. 

Now, if the Bills can do that, with the poor cast they had around Allen until 2020, what could Shanahan do with Lance with the cast we have in place now? Our situation is so good that adding Lance and all of his traits to our offense could seriously blow the roof off of Shanahan's scheme. 

The Bills game late in the season got under my skin so badly because of how good Allen was with passing and running. We had no answer for it. It was Allen's show and there was literally nothing we could do about it. That could be us with Lance. 

36 minutes ago, GW21 said:

I did not, or the premier, or anything between. I assume it was like the ending of Dexter or the last season of GoT? 

At least they left it open for Dexter. Rumors are they have started production for a new season. 

2 minutes ago, NinerNation21 said:

Lance was scary to me at one point, but is less scary now. When I look at anything Lance related, I picture Josh Allen and the Bills.

The Bills committed to building around Allen and his strengths because they know he needed the right situation to grow. They did it right and it's paying off for them now. They did this with Brian Daboll at OC, who is not known for his passing wizardry, but the staff helped Allen unlock his potential by helping with his accuracy issues. 

Now, if the Bills can do that, with the poor cast they had around Allen until 2020, what could Shanahan do with Lance with the cast we have in place now? Our situation is so good that adding Lance and all of his traits to our offense could seriously blow the roof off of Shanahan's scheme. 

The Bills game late in the season got under my skin so badly because of how good Allen was with passing and running. We had no answer for it. It was Allen's show and there was literally nothing we could do about it. That could be us with Lance. 

Yeah, I guess I would qualify my original statement with, 'for what we gave up to get to three'. I was perfectly fine with drafting Lance at 12. I think Lance will most likely be a superstar under Shanny, but the spotty accuracy and some of his rate control does concern me a bit. These were the same concerns I had with Allen mind you. 

5 minutes ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

Where was this 3 weeks ago when everyone in the media was humping Mac's jock about his brain??

My theory: People who actually watched and studied Lance and Fields knew these two guys were highly intelligent but it was downplayed because they're also supremely talented compared to Mac, so Mac was billed as smarter to give him something to stand against these two.

1 minute ago, GW21 said:

Yeah, I guess I would qualify my original statement with, 'for what we gave up to get to three'. I was perfectly fine with drafting Lance at 12. I think Lance will most likely be a superstar under Shanny, but the spotty accuracy and some of his rate control does concern me a bit. These were the same concerns I had with Allen mind you. 

Me too. I trash Allen as a prospect. He reminded me a bit of kaep. Elite arm but left the pocket too soon. 3 years later, I was wrong on Allen.