Draft Week! Third Overall Pick - POLL

N4L

Who do you want the niners to draft?  

56 members have voted

1. 1. Which QB?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/30/2021 at 12:00 AM

1 hour ago, ET80 said:

Enjoy the pick! Bill O'Brien and his stupidity made it possible for you! 

Now, if you don't mind... I'm off to drink and cry.

Are you suggesting that we should honor BOB's stupidity by doing something stupid ourselves?

All for one and one for all! 

• Like 1

Just now, Forge said:

Are you suggesting that we should honor BOB's stupidity by doing something stupid ourselves?

It's obvious why we traded all those first round picks.... making room for Watson. (is this still a thing?)

Bingo! I don't know why people don't understand this. If the 49ers are talking to the Dolphins about a potential trade up to #3 and this gets leaked out...It doesn't mean it comes from the 49ers, in fact there would be no benefit on their end to leak...But the Dolphins can leak this out to create a bidding war. Fans are going to then kill the 49ers for leaking when it wasn't them....When the Jones rumors started, I thought instantly it was coming from the Jones' camp from the conversations he had with the team. Then agents have multiple players and they want to know where there guys will go so they talk to other teams about what they expect to happen. 

28 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

58% of all of Mac's dropbacks were screens, RPO's, or play-action passes. It's like somehow omitting 60% of someone's body of work is now a positive here.

And for Fields it was deep option routes yet he had a lower YPA this wasn't to prop up Mac or Lance(who completed by far the least % of passes in the deep and intermediate. From watching alone Fields is my number 3 and closer to 2 than 4. But the things i list are the ones i see pop up and could be the things that drop him. Just like with Watson who dropped for no real big reason after pretty much doing as much as he could. The offense they ran can be explained as a positive where they ran it because he is so good in those areas or they did it because they didn't feel comfortable with his short game. A lot of what they did underneath was Hooks and curls instead of slants, ins and outs and swings or screens. Is that because he can throw it on a rope 30-40 yards down the field or because his throwing motion messes with the timing on those underneath throws where every split second counts. I think he can be succesfull in the NFL and i no doubt have him as my clear number 3 but there are on-field things that might sway teams other ways.

LOL, Maiocco asked Simms don't you think if the pick wasn't Jones your friend owes it to you to tell you to maybe calm down a bit on the Jones talk? And Simms was like I would hope so but maybe he wants to show the world that "see, Simms doesn't know a damn thing!" 😂

It is a weird dynamic for sure. I still think a lot of the Jones to SF talk started from the agent of Jones and Simms himself. Folks around the league he is close to Shanahan and they are trying to put two and two together. But....................

20 minutes ago, Forge said:

Misery loves company!

And I am miserable!

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, Justone2 said:

Throwing motion, YPA under 11 even though he primarily throws it deep(for the stat nerds under us) and the amount of sacks and fumbles are the main three i can think off. 

He is lights out in the intermediate and deep but could feasibly rank him fifth or even behind Trask on the short stuff. I think NFL coaches in general would rate shorter stuff more important because it keeps you on schedule and is in a lot of cases kind of a running game replacement. if you think his throwing motion will keep him from developing that without it costing him in the areas he is already good in there is very little on field stuff that would worry me about him so i almost have to believe there is some off field stuff(either injury or something else) with how low he is getting mocked by a group of guys that mock more on what their buddies tell them than pure film study.

What's crazy is now even if we don't draft Fields I'm gonna be rooting for this kid to a star. Every draft 1 or 2 of the top prospects get the over evaluation from the draft media. Fields seems to be that guy. 

• Like 1