5 members have voted

1. 1. What will bills do in the 1st rd?

• Draft Pass Rusher/Defensive Tackle
    • Draft Cornerback/Linebacker
    • Draft Oline
    • Draft Skill Player RB, WR, TE
    • Trade Up
    • Trade Down

Since the draft is in 3 days I thought it would be fun just to guess what the Bills do in the 1st rd to pass some time. If you pick the position stick a nameĀ  in the topic, if you think it is a trade let us know what your thoughts are where they move to and what player you are hoping or thinking of.

I went RB as I think Etienne and Harris will be a massive upgrade to the rb corps. With the lack of running ability in 2020 this was something that made the offense 1 dimensional. Having allen throw the ball 500+ times and run the ball 100+ times is not ideal especially with the addition of a 17th game which will likely involve an extra 40-50+ plays in a season. This will help balance out the offense and make opponents defenses guess. I like Etiennes home run hitting ability but Harris to me is the overall better back as he is a big guy who can not only fit through tight windows but he can run you over, help block on 3rd down and his ball catching ability is pretty solid. With this weapon it can put the offense on the next level to compete with KC offense. Impact player in day 1 is key and having the best back over a 5/6 pass rusher or 5/6 cornerback in the draft isnt a huge difference from the 8/9th cb/pass rusher in the 2nd rd. Not only will it help immediately but is a long term solution too. We then can move singletary for a day 3 pick in which can help in a different position to add depth.

• Like 1

My top 4 unlikely to be there targets, but there's a chance at 30 are Paye, Ojulari, Alijah Vera-Tucker, and Owusu-Koramoah. If none of those guys are there I wouldn't mind taking Harris or Etienne because I think they would instantly make our offense even scarier. I am not big on CB in the first round unless Horn, Surtain, Newsome are there at 30 which is unlikely. I think there are quality CB's in rounds 2-4 that could be plug and play starters at CB2 in year 1 or year 2 at the latest.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Billsfaninptown said:

My top 4 unlikely to be there targets, but there's a chance at 30 are Paye, Ojulari, Alijah Vera-Tucker, and Owusu-Koramoah. If none of those guys are there I wouldn't mind taking Harris or Etienne because I think they would instantly make our offense even scarier. I am not big on CB in the first round unless Horn, Surtain, Newsome are there at 30 which is unlikely. I think there are quality CB's in rounds 2-4 that could be plug and play starters at CB2 in year 1 or year 2 at the latest.

My only concern with Ojulari is he may be to small to be a 4-3 DE. He would need to put on an extra 20 pounds to be there. He is honestly the only guy I think that would be a good get and realistically available as a pass rusher for us but again size is a huge concern. That is with JOK and Paye way off the board as I would be shocked they slip out of the top 20. I am with you on the CBs as I do not see any of the 4 falling to us. Like CB I also see the same with DE the talent that is going to be there at 30 could potentially have similar talent at 61 with the unknown of so many. Rousseau (14 games), Oweh and Phillips (20 games played) with limited time in a school they lose out on important reps and growth that you can probably see in guys in the 2nd rd like Basham or Weaver.Ā 

Vera is an intriguing player I just dont know if he would fall to us either. Going to be a rare situation as this has been the latest the bills have drafted in the 1st rd in a long time

1 minute ago, soflbillsfan said:

My only concern with Ojulari is he may be to small to be a 4-3 DE. He would need to put on an extra 20 pounds to be there. He is honestly the only guy I think that would be a good get and realistically available as a pass rusher for us but again size is a huge concern. That is with JOK and Paye way off the board as I would be shocked they slip out of the top 20. I am with you on the CBs as I do not see any of the 4 falling to us. Like CB I also see the same with DE the talent that is going to be there at 30 could potentially have similar talent at 61 with the unknown of so many. Rousseau (14 games), Oweh and Phillips (20 games played) with limited time in a school they lose out on important reps and growth that you can probably see in guys in the 2nd rd like Basham or Weaver.Ā 

Vera is an intriguing player I just dont know if he would fall to us either. Going to be a rare situation as this has been the latest the bills have drafted in the 1st rd in a long time

I think Ojulari could play DE in this system. He's solid against the run and I think the size issue is overblown. He could get up to 250-255 and be right around Jerry Hughes size and Hughes has had no problems playing in this defense. Another 2nd round target I like at edge is Payton Turner. I think he would be a great fit for this defense.

• Like 1

My guess is CB. Its the most sensible choice but i want RB. Think that would improve the team the most and bring us to a whole other level. I think Asante Samuel Jr will be the selection. We are kinda in a spot were many teams in the past take a consensus 2nd rounder and give them a 1st round grade cause that specific teams likes them at the end of round 1. And IĀ feel Samuel is that player for our front office.Ā 

1 hour ago, Kmart128 said:

My guess is CB. Its the most sensible choice but i want RB. Think that would improve the team the most and bring us to a whole other level. I think Asante Samuel Jr will be the selection. We are kinda in a spot were many teams in the past take a consensus 2nd rounder and give them a 1st round grade cause that specific teams likes them at the end of round 1. And IĀ feel Samuel is that player for our front office.Ā 

I hope you're wrong. Samuel is lower on my CB list than most people. I like Stokes, Melifonwu, St-Juste, Trill Williams more than Samuel at 30 and those guys can be had on day 2 more than likely. Part of the reason I have him lower is I am not sure if he's the best fit in this defense.

14 hours ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

Ā 

You never hear anything out of Buffalo until it happens. I think the closest thing to a leak was when it was the deal for Diggs and it was more so cause of Minny side of things. This is all smokescreen in which they just throw it out there whether it is for the Agent of the player to get teams ready to go up and get him in the 1st or it is the bills trying to play games so teams react and jump them in hopes another player falls. While I like Etienne it does not make sense for the bills to give up draft picks to move up and get him as they need as many picks as possible. They are up against the cap and do not have room to bring in more players so keeping their picks to add depth or potential starters is something they need to hit on early. Moving up in the 1st will cost them a 2nd or 3rd rd pick which could be an impact player for them. I do not see the bills moving up as much as I see them moving downĀ 

16 hours ago, Kmart128 said:

I can see Samuel be the pick like you said consensus 2nd rd picks going in the late 1st especially in a league in which it is pass happy, so the best way to upgrade your team is either get that wr to help your qb out or get the cb to stop the wr. With a weaker pass rush class and the DT position I can see a ton of CBs taken off the board, guys like Samuel or Stokes who are mid 2nd rd to late 2nd rd grades could be already off the board come pick 30. I honestly like Melifonwu with the 61st pick if they do not go corner in the 1st.

Who I think they will take : CB or DE/LB

Who I want them to take : Elijah Moore or Travis Etienne.

Why? I want the FO to lean into the Bills strength and make sure we don't lose our fast ball and identity. Elijah Moore is an absolute fire cracker and brings that speed/explosiveness we could use in our offense. I think Brian Daboll would love this toy and really create some crazy plays for him. Plus Beasley and Sanders are getting up their in age so a future WR core of : Diggs/Gabriel Davis/Eijah Moore is appealing.

Same kind of reason for Etienne. I know we have draft capital in Singletary/Moss but I think Etienne can line up in the back field or as a WR and they can make it work before trying to deal one of our RBs for a late round pick. He brings that explosiveness and home run hitting ability that I think we sorely miss in the offense. Yes Diggs has some big gains but we truly don't have that home run hitter yet.

Ā 

58 minutes ago, The BILLievers said:

Who I think they will take : CB or DE/LB

Who I want them to take : Elijah Moore or Travis Etienne.

Why? I want the FO to lean into the Bills strength and make sure we don't lose our fast ball and identity. Elijah Moore is an absolute fire cracker and brings that speed/explosiveness we could use in our offense. I think Brian Daboll would love this toy and really create some crazy plays for him. Plus Beasley and Sanders are getting up their in age so a future WR core of : Diggs/Gabriel Davis/Eijah Moore is appealing.

Same kind of reason for Etienne. I know we have draft capital in Singletary/Moss but I think Etienne can line up in the back field or as a WR and they can make it work before trying to deal one of our RBs for a late round pick. He brings that explosiveness and home run hitting ability that I think we sorely miss in the offense. Yes Diggs has some big gains but we truly don't have that home run hitter yet.

Ā 

Elijah Moore is definitely an intriguing type player but would it be wise to spend another 1st rd pick on a WR right now? I think with Beasley and Sanders both going to be 1 year it can land us a nice project in a speedster wr in later rounds.Ā 

Like you said Etienne would be an upgrade to our biggest weakness on offense. People want to say it is silly because we score and post up good numbers so spending a pick in the 1st on an rb is not smart but if you look at what Allen has done he threw for 575 attempts and ran for 102 attempts last year that was also in 15 games, with adding another game to the regular season and the possibility of having to play all 17 games that is going to put him around 750+ attempts running or passing. They cannot continue to lean on him that much if they plan on paying him 150+ mil and expect him to do everything. He needs more assistance to alleviate the attempts and risk of injury, moss/singletary have shown they are solid #2 rbs but they can not get the run game to the next level and only running it 270 times between the 2 of themĀ is not going to do it. So I do see the appeal of landing an Rb in the 1st round like Etienne or Harris to not only upgrade the run game but also help out in the pass and protection of allen.Ā