The Car Thread

Dome

Dear Auto Manufacturers,

Please stop putting CVT's into cars. Everybody hates them. The extra 1 MPG they provide isn't worth the terror of trying to merge with one. 

Sincerely,

All Drivers

P.S.

If you want to improve fuel economy across your brand, stop force feed people these bloated, overweight, station wagons you're trying to pass off as SUV's. They have no sport capabilities, and no real utility.  The suburban soccer mom doesn't need a vehicle so big that they can't park it, or see other cars around it, just so they can sit a little higher.

• Like 1

Some, like yourself, may not see the value in them but many do.There’s  utility in being able to completely lower interior seats not to mention some have third row seating options. Increased ground clearance offered by many models is extremely valuable in snow. The reason they manufacture these vehicles is the consumer wants them.

Depending on an individual’s view, you could make the case that most cars have little purpose. 

• 3 weeks later...

Any advice on dealers that say they don't haggle? There's gotta be some wiggle room. I went today and offered them like $1000 less than their offer and they stood firm. I walked out. I would've bought the vehicle today if they played ball a little bit. I didn't really know what else to do when they refused any bargaining.

1 hour ago, steadypimpin said:

Any advice on dealers that say they don't haggle? There's gotta be some wiggle room. I went today and offered them like $1000 less than their offer and they stood firm. I walked out. I would've bought the vehicle today if they played ball a little bit. I didn't really know what else to do when they refused any bargaining.

Used or new? How long has the car been on their lot?

Edited by domepatrol91

6 hours ago, steadypimpin said:

There’s always wiggle room. Just got 500 off my car yesterday when they said they don’t haggle because I chose a car off their lot as oppose to waiting a few days for another color that I wanted. 

On 4/17/2018 at 9:55 AM, MrDrew said:

Dear Auto Manufacturers,

Please stop putting CVT's into cars. Everybody hates them. The extra 1 MPG they provide isn't worth the terror of trying to merge with one. 

Sincerely,

All Drivers

P.S.

If you want to improve fuel economy across your brand, stop force feed people these bloated, overweight, station wagons you're trying to pass off as SUV's. They have no sport capabilities, and no real utility.  The suburban soccer mom doesn't need a vehicle so big that they can't park it, or see other cars around it, just so they can sit a little higher.

Uh, I love my CVT in my Nissan... I find it much easier than merging with an auto.