The Car Thread

Dome

4 minutes ago, Bednarik60 said:

Is best gas mileage something your looking for @cddolphin

1. Good gas mileage
2. Low insurance rates
3. Reliability
4. Not American or German

I'm low-maintenance. I mostly drive within the city, gas kills me. I don't ego drive and I don't have to tow or move stuff ever.

2 minutes ago, cddolphin said:

1. Good gas mileage
2. Low insurance rates
3. Reliability
4. Not American or German

I'm low-maintenance. I mostly drive within the city, gas kills me. I don't ego drive and I don't have to tow or move stuff ever.

Prius is a really good option then dude. You could fill the tank up and drive around freely and probably not need to fill it for another 2 weeks. 

Your insurance is going to be dirt cheap. I don't know if it gets any cheaper then a Prius(low horse power with lots of safety integrated into the car). 

Yeah if you can put aside its not sporty or fast or is it super luxurious , but it will  nice daily, smooth driving quiet(kinda nice to have to hear a loud exhaust), save you some cash/never kill you and be really solid car

Interesting thing about hybrids/electric is, you could be a used /older one right now and just upgrade the batteries and some other electrical internals for nothing really(few hundred bucks) and get power, steering, fuel gains. and that will continue as the technology develops. Kinda like a computer, where you can plug and play better internals. 

Edited by Bednarik60

1 hour ago, Bednarik60 said:

Interesting thing about hybrids/electric is, you could be a used /older one right now and just upgrade the batteries and some other electrical internals for nothing really(few hundred bucks) and get power, steering, fuel gains. and that will continue as the technology develops. Kinda like a computer, where you can plug and play better internals. 

My coworker just did that. Got a screaming deal on a civic hybrid cause the owner just didn't want to put ANY money into it, and the battery was toast.

Got a new battery installed for for a couple thousand and was still about $2k under what he thinks he should've had to pay for a Civic with 60k miles.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, domepatrol91 said:

My coworker just did that. Got a screaming deal on a civic hybrid cause the owner just didn't want to put ANY money into it, and the battery was toast.

Got a new battery installed for for a couple thousand and was still about $2k under what he thinks he should've had to pay for a Civic with 60k miles.

A lot of people are starting to tune the Honda Insights the same way. Do you remember those?

Your switching out the old nickel based batteries for the latest lithium-ion batteries. 

Makes you wonder if holding out for 3-5 years for the used market to get flooded with these hybrids and EV is the move right now and then upgrading any internals/batteries to whatever is the best at that moment say in 5 years(batteries will be better even by them, thanks to super genius's like Elon and his crew of engineers and people at Ford and Nissani.)

Edited by Bednarik60

I been listening to a bunch of car podcasts and i hear that launching Tesla and some of these new electrical vehicles is brutal/not pleasant. Like all the guys(pro drivers, auto journalist, engineers, mechanics etc) you can get your self sick really easily and get your passengers sick, all them were saying there wives/GF hated it cause they kept getting really sick. 350-600 TQ instantly from 1 RPM to Redline is basically throwing your guts to the back of your spine lol. That is Disneyland/Knox Berry Farms- 6 Flags stuff. 

@Bednarik60 Got passed by one of the new Jaguar F-Types on I205 north, right after I got off Highway 14. Definitely a head turner, stormtrooper'd out and looked lightly modded. Automotive brand stickers all over the rear quarter windows. WA plates so maybe you'll run into them on one of your highway nights. Not literally, of course. 

On 7/23/2017 at 1:17 PM, Bednarik60 said:

I have a Focus ST so we are basically cousin. 

What color is it? I pass a white ST parked in front of a house every day. 

Post pics of your car... do you have any plans for it? Not that it really needs anything more than the ST package.