The Car Thread

Dome

Ended up selling my truck finally, will be going to check out some Subaru Outbacks this Saturday. All fairly nice, used, but in the 80,000-120,000 mile range. Have been reading up on the timing belt changes on these cars. Defintely something I'll wanna do if I get one that hasn't had that replaced yet. Really liking these cars. 

On 10/12/2017 at 8:33 PM, CaliforniaKid7 said:

Ended up selling my truck finally, will be going to check out some Subaru Outbacks this Saturday. All fairly nice, used, but in the 80,000-120,000 mile range. Have been reading up on the timing belt changes on these cars. Defintely something I'll wanna do if I get one that hasn't had that replaced yet. Really liking these cars. 

Ended up getting a sweet silver 2009 Subaru Outback, black leather with nav and just under 80k miles. 

Only bummer is the remote key fob doesn't work I don't know if it's from a bad battery or something with the signal. 

Whats the best way to go about getting this fixed? A battery type store or should I take it to a dealership?

2 hours ago, CaliforniaKid7 said:

Whats the best way to go about getting this fixed? A battery type store or should I take it to a dealership?

It's not hard to find a battery for remotes. You can find them at Wal-Mart most of the time. Google the battery type, how to replace it, and you'll definitely find some answers. 

I have a 2011 Chevy Equinox currently, but looking to get a 3rd row SUV. I've looked through everything and nothing is really appealing to my eye currently. I really like the value of the Mitsubishi Outlander, but they're gonna do a redesign in 2019 and some of the interior on the current one looks like it's from early 2000's...

12 hours ago, EliteTexan80 said:

https://www.texasdirectauto.com/for-sale/Dodge-Charger/vehicle/2C3CDXEJ7FH879307

I wasn't a fan of these, but this is starting to grow on me...

Those Chargers with the 6.4 are filthy.

475 hp (I think) in a family sedan for under 50k. If I wasn't a truck guy this would be really high on my list.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, kgarrett12486 said:

I have a 2011 Chevy Equinox currently, but looking to get a 3rd row SUV. I've looked through everything and nothing is really appealing to my eye currently. I really like the value of the Mitsubishi Outlander, but they're gonna do a redesign in 2019 and some of the interior on the current one looks like it's from early 2000's...

Been driving a suburban all week on vacation and it's pretty nice if you want something that big.

The 5.3 base motor seems a little anemic with such a big vehicle, but all in all it's been a pretty nice vehicle. 

3 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Been driving a suburban all week on vacation and it's pretty nice if you want something that big.

The 5.3 base motor seems a little anemic with such a big vehicle, but all in all it's been a pretty nice vehicle. 

Yah, that's probably out of my price range. I'm looking to stay between $25-35K range. Plus, that thing is a gas guzzler which I can't do with my drive. Need something that gets semi-decent gas mileage (my current gets around 27-30 MPG)...

I'm probably being too picky, but I'm finding good amount of flaws with everything I look at. Frustrating...

2 hours ago, kgarrett12486 said:

Yah, that's probably out of my price range. I'm looking to stay between $25-35K range. Plus, that thing is a gas guzzler which I can't do with my drive. Need something that gets semi-decent gas mileage (my current gets around 27-30 MPG)...

I'm probably being too picky, but I'm finding good amount of flaws with everything I look at. Frustrating...

I'll be that guy then...... 

Have you looked at minivans?  There's a reason they're so popular.  If you need a full 3 rows where people larger than a small child may need to sit, and can't afford/don't want a full size SUV, they really are a great option.

You can get an Odyssey that'll get 20+ mpg, seat 6 COMFORTABLY, and you will be able to get a very well equipped model under 35k.

2 hours ago, kgarrett12486 said:

check out the Nissan Pathfinders.

6 minutes ago, Heimdallr said:

I'm looking at 2017 Honda CR-Vs. 

From my research they have better specs than a Rogue or RAV4, get good gas mileage, elite reliability, and you can get a very nicely equipped EX-L for ~$31k new. 

They're good. The Rogues have more technology in them for the same price though. unless you absolutely need AWD...