The Car Thread

Dome

13 hours ago, MrDrew said:

Wranglers aren't even Wranglers anymore offroad. Still very good, but more of a style vehicle than a pure offroader. I'd expect the Bronco to be similar.

I'm just genuinely baffled, by your assertion that "Wranglers aren't Wrangles no more"...

While simultaneously thinking sports cars are still sports cars, even if they have HUGE compromises on the things that make a car a sports car...

It seems...confused, at best.

9 hours ago, Tugboat said:

I'm just genuinely baffled, by your assertion that "Wranglers aren't Wrangles no more"...

While simultaneously thinking sports cars are still sports cars, even if they have HUGE compromises on the things that make a car a sports car...

It seems...confused, at best.

I get the feeling that you're adding muscle cars into the sports car category because they keep adding the tech to make sports cars faster, and handle better, which is the entire point of a sports car. That tech making its way into performance versions of commuter cars isn't a bad thing either.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/15/2020 at 11:50 AM, MrDrew said:

I get the feeling that you're adding muscle cars into the sports car category because they keep adding the tech to make sports cars faster, and handle better, which is the entire point of a sports car. That tech making its way into performance versions of commuter cars isn't a bad thing either.

Not "muscle cars".  Actual "sports cars", as opposed to comfy cars that are "sporty".  Not that there's anything wrong with those either...but the more all this tech bleeds into those segments, the more diluted they become, and the further they wander from what a real "sports car" is about.

Speed is overrated.  The experience is what matters.  We're at the point on technology where making a car faster and faster, while removing more and more of the driver from the equation, is negative progress.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 10/13/2020 at 9:21 AM, BullsandBroncos said:

I'm using a UHaul 6x12 enclosed trailer to move to Texas from NY. I have a 2020 Chevy Colorado with 3.6L V6. I'm not sure if these trailers have trailer brakes or will work with my trailer brake controller.

Honestly, you'll be fine either way.  But i'm pretty sure most of the UHaul trailers just run on surge brakes.  Which suck, but they're fine for a one time cross country trip if you drive accordingly.