The Car Thread

Dome

On 7/9/2021 at 11:24 PM, bigbadbuff said:

Kia K5>>>>>

On 7/12/2021 at 5:13 PM, Heimdallr said:

Sure the K5 is neat, but the Stinger.......

On 7/12/2021 at 5:15 PM, ET80 said:

The Stinger is freaking great. 

Just test drove the '22 Stinger GT2, '22 K5 GT-Line Premium, '22 Hyundai Sonata Limited, '21 Honda Accord Sport 2.0T.   Listed in order I drove and I'd personally order them this way too.    In the market for a nice sporty mid-range Sedan and just trying to stay clear of BMW, Audi, Mercedes - just not into the brands and frankly don't like the body styles as much as the KIA and Sonata.   If someone thinks performance is substantially better and worth the $ I'm open to testing. Not trading anything in and little discernable cost difference between used and new these days has me just thinking I'll bite the bullet and get a new '22.   The Stinger was fun, didn't really get to test it like I would without a salesman sitting next to me, but fun.   Freaking great works with the Stinger too.  The K5 in Sport mode performed better than I thought it would -  my drag racing days are past but it performs well in the all-important  "my exit is coming up and I need to navigate over three lanes of traffic quickly and brakes are not an option test."    Also cruising at 80mph feels no different than idling at 35.   Debating whether I want to pay the $20-25k more for the Stinger...

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Kampfgeist said:

Just test drove the '22 Stinger GT2, '22 K5 GT-Line Premium, '22 Hyundai Sonata Limited, '21 Honda Accord Sport 2.0T.   Listed in order I drove and I'd personally order them this way too.    In the market for a nice sporty mid-range Sedan and just trying to stay clear of BMW, Audi, Mercedes - just not into the brands and frankly don't like the body styles as much as the KIA and Sonata.   If someone thinks performance is substantially better and worth the $ I'm open to testing. Not trading anything in and little discernable cost difference between used and new these days has me just thinking I'll bite the bullet and get a new '22.   The Stinger was fun, didn't really get to test it like I would without a salesman sitting next to me, but fun.   Freaking great works with the Stinger too.  The K5 in Sport mode performed better than I thought it would -  my drag racing days are past but it performs well in the all-important  "my exit is coming up and I need to navigate over three lanes of traffic quickly and brakes are not an option test."    Also cruising at 80mph feels no different than idling at 35.   Debating whether I want to pay the $20-25k more for the Stinger...

Go in the middle and get the K5 GT. Not the GT Line. Way more power.

The K5 is great (previously known as the Optima). I have a 2017 which I bought new. You basically get a Camry for the 2/3 of the price. Same really good reliability imo. And I top out at 39mpg which is really good. Def not a luxury car in any way though. 

If you want a sports car or luxury though, the Stinger is the choice. I would of bought that if it was out in 2017 but 2018 was the first model. 

Personally, for luxury cars, I love the Audi A6’s and BMW 5 series, but way to frickin expensive, even used. Plus German cars reliability compared to Asian cars is simply horrible. 

17 hours ago, rocky_rams said:

Anybody here own or drive a Rolls Royce Wraith? 

if so, how is the drive? Would you recommend it? 

looking to get a high end vehicle that is more comfortable than my McLaren. That way I drive the McLaren only on weekends 

We have a rich guy on the forum 😀

I like the Wraith but the Rolls Royce Ghost has always been my ultimate dream car. Super classy looking inside and out, with a slight sporty feel to it compared to the original. 

17 hours ago, rocky_rams said:

looking to get a high end vehicle that is more comfortable than my McLaren. That way I drive the McLaren only on weekends 

You should hire me to be your financial advisor. My first order of business - why are we putting hundreds of thousands into an asset thats going to depreciate so rapidly? 

Edited by Matts4313
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, rocky_rams said:

I had a couple Rolls and Bentleys but I felt awful driving by all of the poors so I just got a Ram truck.

Best decision I ever made.

Just now, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Listen pal, you can’t both own a boat and make this statement.

My purpose for a boat is unique though. I plan on retiring to a boat one day. This is my test run since my kids are older and stay primarily with mom. I am buying a ~30 footer at a yacht club that allows liveaboards. I am going to attempt to live there at least part time for the next few months to see if I like it. 

Eventually I want to get a ~40' yacht that sleeps at least 6, but the boat I want is a few hundred grand =(. 

Im 36, so if I can semi retire and live on a lake, I am going to do it, haha. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

My purpose for a boat is unique though. I plan on retiring to a boat one day. This is my test run since my kids are older and stay primarily with mom. I am buying a ~30 footer at a yacht club that allows liveaboards. I am going to attempt to live there at least part time for the next few months to see if I like it. 

Eventually I want to get a ~40' yacht that sleeps at least 6, but the boat I want is a few hundred grand =(. 

Im 36, so if I can semi retire and live on a lake, I am going to do it, haha. 

It’s a joke Matts 😂 

But seriously, that sounds cool. Where do you keep it?  Aren’t you inland?

11 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

It’s a joke Matts 😂 

I know

But seriously, that sounds cool. Where do you keep it?  Aren’t you inland?

I am currently inland so it would be a marina at the lake. Possibly a sailboat and the coast eventually though

The guy I am negotiating with already has the slip set up with a full sized fridge/grill/table along with the boat that has 2 queen sized beds/bedrooms and all the normal stuff of a this style boat (bathroom, shower, mini-kitchen, etc).

2016-10-12-13-31.jpg

Edited by Matts4313

3 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

I know

I am currently inland so it would be a marina at the lake. Possibly a sailboat and the coast eventually though

The guy I am negotiating with already has the slip set up with a full sized fridge/grill/table along with the boat that has 2 queen sized beds/bedrooms and all the normal stuff of a this style boat (bathroom, shower, mini-kitchen, etc).

2016-10-12-13-31.jpg

What boat?  Let’s see some pics?

20 hours ago, rocky_rams said:

You didn't get anything after you asked about the Tesla Model 3 last year? 

That McLaren is starting to rack up miles as a daily driver...

As far as me... I found my 4th Rolls Royce was probably my favorite Rolls Royce. So, get three, prepared to be disappointed, then get your fourth and enjoy.

• Like 2