The Car Thread

Dome

30 minutes ago, rocky_rams said:

I’m not as big of a fan of the Ghost because it’s too big. 

honeslty, I’m not even that big of a fan of Rolls Royce in general. I was gonna buy a Gwagon but my cousin beat me to the punch. 

but lately the Wraith has me feeling some type of way and I think I want it 

I stayed at a resort in New Port a long time ago that had Rolls Royce's you could borrow for short trips. I drove it every chance I could. I was literally offering to run to the store to buy stuff for people just to drive it. That said - I have no clue what the appeal is at that price range. For me, it was a novelty. 

Maybe see if being enamored with it will go away.  

27 minutes ago, rocky_rams said:

Great point. I love cars. That’s kind of my guilty pleasure. 

however I don’t go on a buying spree even though it may seem that way. 

I also own properties which in turn pay for the vehicles I end up buying 

Even more reason to hire me tbh

24 minutes ago, rocky_rams said:

Actually, you should hire me as your FA 

Now I am intrigued. What is it you do, lol

19 minutes ago, rocky_rams said:

Lol don’t think I can do 4. What disappointed you about the first three? 

what kind of Rolls did you have?

How was the reliability?

How was maintenance? 

You have to know he is busting your balls. 

14 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

I stayed at a resort in New Port a long time ago that had Rolls Royce's you could borrow for short trips. I drove it every chance I could. I was literally offering to run to the store to buy stuff for people just to drive it. That said - I have no clue what the appeal is at that price range. For me, it was a novelty. 

Maybe see if being enamored with it will go away.  

Even more reason to hire me tbh

Now I am intrigued. What is it you do, lol

You have to know he is busting your balls. 

I’m a business owner and I know @ET80was busting my balls but I figured he wouldn’t Bill O Brien me so I went along with it 

7 hours ago, rocky_rams said:

That’s awesome! I love the Ram TRX! 

Idk what shenanigans are going on around here but I’ll bite. I’m actually not a big fan of the TRX styling. I get it’s going for the trophy truck kind of look but it just doesn’t hit the mark for me. 700+ HP Supercharged V8 is absolutely up my alley though. It’s a moot point given I’m reluctant to spend much more that 55-60k on a truck though.

8 minutes ago, Neumatic said:

Idk what shenanigans are going on around here but I’ll bite. I’m actually not a big fan of the TRX styling. I get it’s going for the trophy truck kind of look but it just doesn’t hit the mark for me. 700+ HP Supercharged V8 is absolutely up my alley though. It’s a moot point given I’m reluctant to spend much more that 55-60k on a truck though.

Have you seen one in person? The dude who detailed my truck had one it was.. something.

Obviously aesthetics are a matter of taste, but the capability of that thing is absolutely unreal.

The sad part is most people who own them won’t use them as intended.

Edited by LETSGOBROWNIES

And the pricing isn’t even crazy.

The tires alone are prolly 2k, similar aftermarket suspension 4-5k, supercharger is 5-6k and that’s not included install and tuning.

After that you still have a less durable frame, less robust transmission and transfer case, axles, etc and none of with the the factory warranty.

I get they’re expensive, but they’re not really overpriced.

11 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Have you seen one in person? The dude who detailed my truck had one it was.. something.

Obviously aesthetics are a matter of taste, but the capability of that thing is absolutely unreal.

Yea I’ve seen two on dealer lots the past couple weeks while I’ve been out looking at trucks. They are no doubt impressive, just not my cup of tea. And believe me I understand the costs of aftermarket modifications, I have my own money pit of a racecar. 

You are absolutely right most won’t get used like they should. Most who buy one are probably just buying it because they can. On the opposite side of the spectrum is there any videos of drunk hillbillies jumping one like when the Raptors first came out?

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I def see the appeal to them. They’re awesome. 

if I wasn’t a Ford guy I could see myself doing a TRX. 

will prolly be looking at a Raptor in the future for sure. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Neumatic said:

Yea I’ve seen two on dealer lots the past couple weeks while I’ve been out looking at trucks. They are no doubt impressive, just not my cup of tea. And believe me I understand the costs of aftermarket modifications, I have my own money pit of a racecar. 

lol

19 minutes ago, Neumatic said:

You are absolutely right most won’t get used like they should. Most who buy one are probably just buying it because they can. On the opposite side of the spectrum is there any videos of drunk hillbillies jumping one like when the Raptors first came out?

Yep, sure are 

On 9/6/2021 at 3:29 PM, Kampfgeist said:

Just test drove the '22 Stinger GT2, '22 K5 GT-Line Premium, '22 Hyundai Sonata Limited, '21 Honda Accord Sport 2.0T.   Listed in order I drove and I'd personally order them this way too.    In the market for a nice sporty mid-range Sedan and just trying to stay clear of BMW, Audi, Mercedes - just not into the brands and frankly don't like the body styles as much as the KIA and Sonata.   If someone thinks performance is substantially better and worth the $ I'm open to testing. Not trading anything in and little discernable cost difference between used and new these days has me just thinking I'll bite the bullet and get a new '22.   The Stinger was fun, didn't really get to test it like I would without a salesman sitting next to me, but fun.   Freaking great works with the Stinger too.  The K5 in Sport mode performed better than I thought it would -  my drag racing days are past but it performs well in the all-important  "my exit is coming up and I need to navigate over three lanes of traffic quickly and brakes are not an option test."    Also cruising at 80mph feels no different than idling at 35.   Debating whether I want to pay the $20-25k more for the Stinger...

I feel like BMW, Audi, Mercedes have deliberately closed their own gap on the advantage to getting one of those brands when it comes to whatever the heck "entry level luxury" means these days.  They're all just **** cars, dressed up with technology.

They've all gone to modular FWD platforms, and it's basically garbage.  While also going to "virtual cockpits" filled with ipad touchscreens as far as the eye can see.  There's just nothing to separate them beyond the badge anymore.  In the lower ranges of those brands, compared to the upper ranges of the "lesser" brands at least.  I wouldn't want any of any of them.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

Ordered the gladiator as I can not get any info on when the ETA for a Maverick would be. It annoys me that the Jeep is basically double the price of the Maverick.

Shopping for retro decals; thinking I want to go with something like this:

52a4f9ff-8c9e-4f0e-bac5-f7155c4f956f-jpe

scramblerprofileli83schdi389895nspjp72hf

Nice truck man. Just make sure to put some proper pin striping on that thing.