The Car Thread

Dome

Looking at new car deals, its kinda insane how much variation there is based on your zip code. Were talking ~10-20% difference straight from the manufacture. 

I wonder what the cheapest zipcode to buy in is? I might need to buy a tiny plot of land there and rack in my $10k in additional savings.... 🤔

On 9/10/2021 at 10:42 AM, Matts4313 said:

Ordered the gladiator as I can not get any info on when the ETA for a Maverick would be. It annoys me that the Jeep is basically double the price of the Maverick.

Shopping for retro decals; thinking I want to go with something like this:

52a4f9ff-8c9e-4f0e-bac5-f7155c4f956f-jpe

scramblerprofileli83schdi389895nspjp72hf

Now post some images where a Maverick has that sort of wheel articulation, and retro vinyl decals.

Have both the Maverick and the Gladiator on special order. The Maverick was a month or two before the Gladiator. I have heard absolutely nothing from Ford whatsoever - even after reaching out. Jeep told me the gladiator has all parts acquired and starting build. 

Guess I know which one I am buying. If the Maverick is anything like the Bronco, people wont be getting their orders for 12-15 months. 

Ford really underestimated the demand for these two vehicles. Both of them they had to shut down orders due to high demand. 

Edited by Matts4313

4 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

Have both the Maverick and the Gladiator on special order. The Maverick was a month or two before the Gladiator. I have heard absolutely nothing from Ford whatsoever - even after reaching out. Jeep told me the gladiator has all parts acquired and starting build. 

Guess I know which one I am buying. If the Maverick is anything like the Bronco, people wont be getting their orders for 12-15 months. 

Ford really underestimated the demand for these two vehicles. Both of them they had to shut down orders due to high demand. 

I still don't understand how you cannot differentiate between these two vehicles for "need".  Which vehicle do you actually need?  Get that one.

Obviously you can't get any of them right now, because Ford are experiencing a severe Chip shortage.  But like...they're all different vehicles, ****in' figgure it out.

1 hour ago, Tugboat said:

I still don't understand how you cannot differentiate between these two vehicles for "need".  Which vehicle do you actually need?  Get that one.

Obviously you can't get any of them right now, because Ford are experiencing a severe Chip shortage.  But like...they're all different vehicles, ****in' figgure it out.

Both of them fit my needs. One just cost a lot more than the other, but for me its the "convertible" tax.

Youve had multiple people tell you and its literally on every auto site/forum: There is a ton of cross over shoppers between these vehicles. I want a mid sized truck for some light towing, 'soft' off roading (camping, not rock crawling) and spacious enough for a road trip. And I want to be able to do it with all the latest greatest technology. 

As I said - both trucks (and the Bronco, aside from no bed) fit my needs. 

On 9/27/2021 at 7:26 AM, MrDrew said:

All of the designers, all of the engineers, all of the quality people this had to go through, and they still settled on this terrible design

https://jalopnik.com/congratulations-mini-you-made-the-stupidest-turn-sign-1847727385

With lights that big & ugly, they're going to need additional fluid to keep them running properly

71ZhaZu3rkL._AC_SX569_.jpg

• Like 1

So I listed my F150 just as a back up to trading it in. A guy offered me asking price (which was ~$4k more than trade in) last night via the autotrader message system. Came by today with cash in hand.

I am now without a vehicle (vettes in the shop being restored) for the fist time since I was 15. Im totally dependent on uber for all needs right now and it feels weird. I hate it. 

Edited by Matts4313

On 9/28/2021 at 10:52 AM, Shanedorf said:

With lights that big & ugly, they're going to need additional fluid to keep them running properly

71ZhaZu3rkL._AC_SX569_.jpg

tbh, where do you get this item.  Because my stupid headlight washers waste so much washer fluid, i'd like to fix that.  I think i need synthetic washer fluid for my blinkers.  My car does fall under the guidlines of Cars/Truck/Plane/Submarine/Blimp.  But i'm not sure if it will be detrimental to the system?  It doesn't have the registered specs?

2 hours ago, Tugboat said:

And yet some idjuts still believe that cars are "getting better".

Mechanically they are. More power from smaller engines, better fuel mileage, safer, better handling....

For design, they've either gone to the most boring look possible, or tried to do something edgy and wound up with turn signals that point in the opposite direction. I'm just waiting for the first lawsuit from when somebody gets in an accident on a foggy day because they thought somebody was turning right, and went around to the left.

Update for those following at home. Sold the F150 and found out the Gladiator is still ~60 days until delievery. I cant go 60 days without a car, so I took a gamble.

I just bought a 2021 Ram 1500 Lonestar for $39k out the door (all fees/taxes). The sticker price was $45k. I am betting that I can trade this in for $39k+ in 2 months and have some additional equity. 

Lets see what happens 😬

Edited by Matts4313
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Matts4313 said:

Update for those following at home. Sold the F150 and found out the Gladiator is still ~60 days until delievery. I cant go 60 days without a car, so I took a gamble.

I just bought a 2021 Ram 1500 Lonestar for $39k out the door (all fees/taxes). The sticker price was $45k. I am betting that I can trade this in for $39k+ in 2 months and have some additional equity. 

Lets see what happens 😬

You won’t want to get rid of that Ram bb, welcome to the cool kids club

• Like 1