The Car Thread

Dome

15 hours ago, JoshstraDaymus said:

We got the EX. Dashboard is super nice. Lot of things going on. My wife wants another.

Yeah I don't need anything too fancy and don't want to spend a lot. I like what they've done with the redesign and a lot of reviews for it are really, really good. Doesn't look like it performs bad either. I'm going to test drive whenever I start the process, for sure. 

11 hours ago, billking said:

I think I may have mentioned it earlier but I have a 2017 ram 2500 with the 6.4 gas engine 4.10 gears. Anyways the transmission went out and unlike the Cummins it didn't have the 100,000 mile powertrain warranty. So after having it sit for nearly 2 months at the dealership I finally had it towed to a reputable shop and got it rebuilt for a little over 7k versus 9k for a rebuilt at the dealer.

Thank god they finally put the 8 speed in the HD trucks.  Transmissions were always the weak link in Dodge trucks, but the 8 speed from ZF is a fantastic transmission.

Sorry you had to go through that, but if you decide to get another Ram, at least they have the new transmission.

6 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Thank god they finally put the 8 speed in the HD trucks.  Transmissions were always the weak link in Dodge trucks, but the 8 speed from ZF is a fantastic transmission.

Sorry you had to go through that, but if you decide to get another Ram, at least they have the new transmission.

Yeah.  It's always been a weird dichotomy between Dodge having the best HD Truck motor, and Transmissions that imploded regularly, with GM having the worst motor and maybe the best transmission. 

• Like 1

On 7/3/2022 at 9:19 PM, beekay414 said:

I drive a 2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo and I love that sumbish. I ain't go no air in it (easy fix, I just don't care) but I do know I never have to worry about snow or the damn thing starting up. She's my baby.

Have a 19' grand cherokee overland and I love it. Mainly because in the year 2022 it is nearly impossible to find a SUV that was clearly meant for a male to drive. 95% of SUVs on the market are.....extremely geared towards females. (from a body style standpoint). 

Edited by AkronsWitness
  • Like 1

On 7/1/2022 at 9:27 PM, Tugboat said:

I would like you to go bombing through an actual swamp in the bayou or wherever is most convenient to your location in your Sportage, belting out the sunroof enthusiastically, "Ayeeeeeeeeeeeeee welcome to theeee swamp!!!!".  To illustrate that crossover Transverse Front Wheel Drive (pseudo-AWD) car-based CUVs are extremely capable and useful vehicles with a purpose that isn't entirely lame and unnecessary.  And definitely not an extensive continuous barrage of goofy *** marketing campaigns for a slightly tall hatchback/station wagon.

Spoken like somebody that has never driven in real snow. 

On 7/3/2022 at 11:39 AM, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

When I  found out it was fried I asked the service manager if it would be possible to have that 8 speed installed instead of the current one but they said it would require changing too much electrical components and programming to do it. I think now I probably should have inquired elsewhere, dealership service departments are nothing but a coin flip if your going to get treated well.

• Like 1

On 7/4/2022 at 10:29 PM, Heimdallr said:

Spoken like somebody that has never driven in real snow. 

What exactly is..."real snow"?

Because i feel like i've got some credentials in that regard.  And i've never needed any kind of halfway AWD transverse CUV to get through it.  But how are we measuring our snow penises here exactly?

Where i come from, snow is a good thing.

20 hours ago, agarcia34 said:

I’m about to purchase a Honda Civic. Love the look of them inside and out m. Not really a car guy so if there are issues with them let me know lol

I wouldn't worry too much.  They are extremely okay.

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/10/2022 at 10:54 AM, agarcia34 said:

I’m about to purchase a Honda Civic. Love the look of them inside and out m. Not really a car guy so if there are issues with them let me know lol

I have a civic and absolutely love it. Never had any issues. Good on gas, solid looking, etc. Just note the backseat is rather small if you're getting a 4 door.

• Like 1

I’ve been waiting for my Telluride for 4 months now, with no timetable in site. I’m in the unique position where i can get it 3k off sticker, while they are selling for like 10k over sticker in some states…pre owned. It’s psychotic. I’m taking full advantage.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, bigbadbuff said:

I’ve been waiting for my Telluride for 4 months now, with no timetable in site. I’m in the unique position where i can get it 3k off sticker, while they are selling for like 10k over sticker in some states…pre owned. It’s psychotic. I’m taking full advantage.

I was in the same boat.  My ticket just got picked up, 2 weeks ago, and I put in for it in January.  I'm getting it below sticker, and didn't have to put anything down, to secure the ticket.  The dealership was saying there is no rhyme or reason to what Kia picks up, from their perspective.  He had some that got picked up in a month, and others were 9+. 

We're getting close to the '23s, and as soon as they're rolled out, your ticket for a '22 just gets cancelled, and you have to start from square one.  The wait has sucked, but getting a new car exactly how you want it, for cheaper than used, before even factoring in financing, is worth the wait, imo.  Crazy times. 

4 hours ago, OkeyDoke21 said:

I was in the same boat.  My ticket just got picked up, 2 weeks ago, and I put in for it in January.  I'm getting it below sticker, and didn't have to put anything down, to secure the ticket.  The dealership was saying there is no rhyme or reason to what Kia picks up, from their perspective.  He had some that got picked up in a month, and others were 9+. 

We're getting close to the '23s, and as soon as they're rolled out, your ticket for a '22 just gets cancelled, and you have to start from square one.  The wait has sucked, but getting a new car exactly how you want it, for cheaper than used, before even factoring in financing, is worth the wait, imo.  Crazy times. 

Definitely. I’m waiting for a 2023 at this point. Working at a dealership definitely helps.