Romo: best color commentator since Madden?

y*so*blu

I think you could make a case for it. I know it's pretty early to make this comparison - we're only 7 weeks into his first season as a commentator after all - but I've been really impressed with him so far. In every game I've heard him call, Romo's been money. His excitement and love of the game are readily apparent. But as worked up as he gets, he still takes time to explain what happened on the previous play and tell us what the teams could (or should) be doing on the next one. His scratchy voice grates on some of us, I know, but the substance and delivery of his commentary are top-notch. I've never heard anyone else quite like him.

If he kept doing exactly what he is doing for the next 20 years, then he'd be one of the best ever easily imo.  

I just hope he doesn't get jaded or complacent.  

That said, I'm actively looking for his games to watch because of how much I enjoy his commentary.  

Umm...no.  Not yet, at least.

Ive stated numerous times that I really like Romo, mainly because he is different than what we usually hear, but he has alot to work on.   He gets too quiet sometimes because he seems to be at a loss for what to say, and he sometimes just sounds like a normal guy talking football....which is nice and part of his charm, but I think he has a long ways to go before we talk about him being a great commentator.    We will see how he progresses going forward.

I'm enjoying everything so far. He's not near Madden territory yet. Like the prime Madden commentary was just fantastic even with his Favre fetish. I do love that he showed more excitement at the end of OAK v KC than I've heard from certain commentators during the actual Super Bowl.

7 minutes ago, Malik said:

I'm enjoying everything so far. He's not near Madden territory yet. Like the prime Madden commentary was just fantastic even with his Favre fetish. I do love that he showed more excitement at the end of OAK v KC than I've heard from certain commentators during the actual Super Bowl.

I would punt a baby to hear Madden do just one more game.

Great commentator but I want him as my QB coach.  Knows the game, clear explanations, and good personality.  I learn more about the QB position by listening to his games.  On a couple plays tonight he explained what to do when the S moves.  I saw it and knew Carr went to the wrong side based on the safety.  When the WR came into view you could see that Carr threw it into double coverage.

Archived