Noooo. .... Anyone but him

cannondale

2 hours ago, OneTwoSixFive said:

Haven't got a specific player, but I'd hate anyone who makes 'business decisions' when it comes to tackling.

Same here. I'm trying to get out of the habit of falling into the old TT method of drafting.  Its a new offense and defense, you might see one of those gadget type guys, or a smaller DB.  The game is changing.

50 minutes ago, Norm said:

See, I'd take Toney late 1ish all day. I'm not sure I've seen one other person that wants to do this though. 

I've gone back and forth on it. Toney is a freak. Eye-popping change of direction, Donald Driver-like tenacity after the catch, creativity in his route running, good speed, quick hands. "Wow plays" aren't everything, but a 1st round WR should have some to their name. Toney's highlight tape is just littered with them. Does Terrace Marshall have any?

Toney's size and style make him an injury risk, but if you're willing to field WR's in his mold, what more could you want in a prospect?  

• Like 1

JOK.  He's a tiny linebacker.  I know he plays the outside "star" role, but if we are going to draft someone for that role, I'd rather it be a beefy CB or safety with cover skills over a linebacker.  And this is for round one only.   He's the guy in this draft that I think is talented, but my brain just can't figure out how he'd be very good here.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, pacman5252 said:

Honestly, I really don't want Greg Newsome. I don't feel like he's explosive enough and I think people are just infatuated with his body. 

how is a......

vertical:  40"
broad jump:  10'3"
40:  4.39
3 cone:  6.9  

.....not explosive enough?

• Like 2

3 hours ago, deathstar said:

What’s wrong?

1-He's a senior.

2-He sometimes seems lost and that shouldn't happen being a senior. That scares the crap out of me.

3-Bad route runner.

4-He's a gadget player. You don't get a gadget player in the 1st round.

P.S. I have no idea about how to properly watch film and 90% of my views are regurgitations of "experts".

Edited by VonKarman

33 minutes ago, squire12 said:

how is a......

vertical:  40"
broad jump:  10'3"
40:  4.39
3 cone:  6.9  

.....not explosive enough?

It is just my personal opinion from watching some film on him. I just got the vibe he's not sticky and doesn't react well.

Also, from a profile on him... basically reads just like Kevin King:

His ball production leaves a lot to be desired. While he has moments where he attacks the catch point well, there are other times where he loses the ball. He will leave some interceptions on the table, but he does have some passes defended in his career. Newsome has just one career interception.

Newsome can get beat deep and when he does, he is often times called for penalties. When he gets behind he resorts to grabbing. He had way too many pass interference calls go agaisnt him at the college level and that could get worse when he faces better athletes in the pros.

He doesn’t have the best awareness for a corner. Sometimes he will be a step late in responding to what he sees and other times it takes him a while to understand what the offense is doing. Newsome only played in 21 career games, so that may be fixed with more reps.

2 hours ago, MaximusGluteus said:

I'm usually anti-IOL in the 1st myself, but I wouldn't be upset if they took Landon Dickerson at 29.

He scares the **** out of me with the injury stuff but other than that sure

• Like 2

4 hours ago, hitnhope said:

Rashod Bateman-  Looks average.  Not worth 1st round pick.   OK in 2nd

Dont want Cosmi, Leatherwood or Raddunz

Dont want a safety, IOL, TE or god forbid a QB in round 1

Want to invest in players that have a chance to help us next year in the early rounds.   Dont want a draft aimed at replacing good players two years down the line rather than getting better in 2021.

I'll be seeing you at recess. The big slide. Be there.

I only have 2:

Sam Cosmi - feels like the classic high upside bust on the OL. Like, I'm just some dummy, but he feels like I've seen this dance before.

Levi Onwuzurike - I do not believe anyone who actually says they're enticed by this guy in the first round. I'm sorry, but if I'm taking DL in the first round, I need to see more than 7 sacks in 3 seasons. 

Unfortunately, just like Rashan Gary a couple years ago (who I admit I was possibly wrong about), these 2 both feel like classic Packers targets, high RAS and all. 

• Like 1