Noooo. .... Anyone but him

cannondale

31 minutes ago, Norm said:

Yeah I do too. I really think the staff wants a guy like that, I know they didn't invest in it much but they were still out there trying to do that kind of stuff a bit. Have to believe they think that can be a big part of the offense with a more talented player

Do you think now that we theoretically have our QBOTF that they’ll attack this draft with more of a ‘who could help us the most this year ‘ ?  

4 minutes ago, Rainmaker90 said:

Do you think now that we theoretically have our QBOTF that they’ll attack this draft with more of a ‘who could help us the most this year ‘ ?  

It's entirely possible. I sure as hell hope so

19 minutes ago, Rainmaker90 said:

Who would that be? Gutes was asked pretty much that same question yesterday and he really couldn't tell the difference between the now and the future. Just draft the best player was his thought. And I don't know the difference either. Is fan perception to draft players that would have their hands on the ball be help for this year? Draft all RB's and WR's? Any non-QB could help this year in some way. Nobody knows where the injuries will happen, so how do we know who will help the most this year?    

3 minutes ago, R T said:

Who would that be? Gutes was asked pretty much that same question yesterday and he really couldn't tell the difference between the now and the future. Just draft the best player was his thought. And I don't know the difference either. Is fan perception to draft players that would have their hands on the ball be help for this year? Draft all RB's and WR's? Any non-QB could help this year in some way. Nobody knows where the injuries will happen, so how do we know who will help the most this year?    

For me it's simple. If you give up 31, 37, 44 the last game of the year, fix the damn thing. If you don't know how, go sell insurance. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, R T said:

Well, I’m thinking positions that generally players can contribute right away such as WR. Do I think the need for a CB and like DL is greater now and probably for the future, ya. But I also think the likelihood of a CB /DL producing right away is much less likely than a WR. 

4 minutes ago, Rainmaker90 said:

Well, I’m thinking positions that generally players can contribute right away such as WR. Do I think the need for a CB and like DL is greater now and probably for the future, ya. But I also think the likelihood of a CB /DL producing right away is much less likely than a WR. 

Got ya, I do believe they will add a player or two to all those positions, but short of injuries to the current roster just how much playing time will they get. A niche can be found for anyone that catches on early to the system, but how many rookie WR's has Rodgers trusted enough to throw them the ball? Not a strong history there.

47 minutes ago, Norm said:

Yeah and you're probably right. They probably see those second tier guys as being good though for that role. Likely why most people don't want to take me high and I understand that for sure. It does actually make more sense

Ervin could fill that role, Austin could fill that role, a mid-round pick could fill that role, sure. Toney will go 3 rounds higher for a reason. He's a far more complete prospect. If the team has limited plans for that role, why spend a mid-round pick in a tier you can find on the street? Just sign someone like Ervin.   

Drafting Toney would be a swing at an elite player for that role. Who knows what impact he'd have when integrated into the offense. There're plenty of targets to be had. If Toney proves electrifying, they'd distribute the ball accordingly. Don't think he'd be wasted. 

GB has courted upper-tier receiving talent every season since Gute took over, including last years draft and trade deadline. They know there's a deficit and that there's unrealized offensive upside to be had. C'mon Gute, live a little.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, R T said:

He's also a rapper (Yung Joka) .. not that there's anything wrong with that other than poor taste in music.

Edited by {Family Ghost}
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, R T said:

Gators players are scum for real though

Source: me, Gators fan

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Les Punting said:

Ervin could fill that role, Austin could fill that role, a mid-round pick could fill that role, sure. Toney will go 3 rounds higher for a reason. He's a far more complete prospect. If the team has limited plans for that role, why spend a mid-round pick in a tier you can find on the street? Just sign someone like Ervin.   

Drafting Toney would be a swing at an elite player for that role. Who knows what impact he'd have when integrated into the offense. There're plenty of targets to be had. If Toney proves electrifying, they'd distribute the ball accordingly. Don't think he'd be wasted. 

GB has courted upper-tier receiving talent every season since Gute took over, including last years draft and trade deadline. They know there's a deficit and that there's unrealized offensive upside to be had. C'mon Gute, live a little.  

Hey you don't have to convince me. I want Toney, but I understand their logic.. I'd assume they'd believe the mid round guy would be better than old Austin and Ervin I guess would still be my counter

Obviously a 4th rounder isn't likely to have the sizzle that a 1st rounder would.  But I'd still think it would be fun if they identified some quicksy guy they thought made sense in round 4.  I'd prefer that over going for some bad player like Austin who's been on the street for some strong reasons.  And yeah, I admit I'd be curious to see what MLF's offense might be able to do *IF* they had somebody quick and elusive to work with.  

I know nothing, so whoever the Packers draft, I'll figure they know what they're doing.  But Cosmi is a guy who kinda makes me nervous.  Being RAS-strong in part because of running capacities, not sure how helpful that is for a tackle?  Or how fast he'll continue to run after he continues to pack on additional bulk?  I know nothing, but am also poisoned by a poster comping him to Spriggs (great RAS athlete who was too slim, and once he added the mass the quickness and athleticism that you drafted him for was gone.).   And poisoned by a comment by one of McGinn's scouts who said he was stiff, and that in his years of tape he doesn't actually play anything like the exciting measurables.  

12 minutes ago, craig said:

I know nothing, so whoever the Packers draft, I'll figure they know what they're doing.  But Cosmi is a guy who kinda makes me nervous.  Being RAS-strong in part because of running capacities, not sure how helpful that is for a tackle?  Or how fast he'll continue to run after he continues to pack on additional bulk?  I know nothing, but am also poisoned by a poster comping him to Spriggs (great RAS athlete who was too slim, and once he added the mass the quickness and athleticism that you drafted him for was gone.).   And poisoned by a comment by one of McGinn's scouts who said he was stiff, and that in his years of tape he doesn't actually play anything like the exciting measurables.  

I've heard some things about Cosmi as well. Between Hendrickson and Stenavich, you just gotta trust it