Rookie watch thread.

resilient part 2

24 minutes ago, 11sanchez11 said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_YUhQY1oRpo

Lauri might lead the rookies in scoring. And maybe rebounding. Him and Simmons will be close for both.

the fight may end up being a huge blessing in disguise for Chicago. Rookies getting more opportunity to a shine. BUT they have to keep earning it. so far so good.

1 hour ago, 11sanchez11 said:

Probably, definitely, the best defender in the class.

& on that note... Jon Isaac's looked solid. Few rookies play like him in terms of consistently making the right play. He blows things up defensively and is really physical on the boards. Have seen him dive on the floor at least once per game i feel like. He's not aggressively looking to score right now & his role is pretty limited (and should remain so for a while), but he's got a lot more offensively than I was thinking pre-draft. He's gonna be a really valuable player. Can put it down, shot looks usable/can pull up, snatches boards, changes tons of shots, best bench cheerleader. Big fan. 

Wesley Iwundu can do some things too. He didn't play in the opener, but he's a nice end of the bench guy. Put him in and don't really have to worry about him doing something terrible all the time. Plays solid basketball. Could easily see being out of the league in 3 years though too if he can't get his shot to fall. 

7 hours ago, jfinley88 said:

still cant believe og fell to 23 that was wild. i dont understand nba teams. or fans tbh. 

those pesky medicals always getting teams shook. I wanted the Kangz to get OG at 15 but I guess with them targeting Giles at 20 they didn't want 2 dudes with knee injuries lol

8 hours ago, jfinley88 said:

still cant believe og fell to 23 that was wild. i dont understand nba teams. or fans tbh. 

I got intel from one of the Nuggets media people. Apparently the deal for the three way trade between the Nuggets/Pacers/Cavs that fell apart and would have sent K Love to Denver and Paul George to Cleveland and was a go until the Pacers pulled the plug at the last minute (this deal getting pulled at the last minute is 100% true according to Zach Lowe).........was Trey Lyles and Gary Harris to Indiana. Two homegrown Indiana guys. So (according to this guy) the Nuggets made the draft deal to get a piece for Indiana in a trade for Kevin Love and then wanted OG at 24. If that's true.....it sucks. And at that point the Nuggets had no idea they were going to get Millsap. So it blows, but if you're a front office and going to make that risk you have to live with the results. 

Archived