Rookie watch thread.

resilient part 2

2 minutes ago, jfinley88 said:

Monk was one of the more overrated dudes throughout the process iyam. 

Ya i feel like a lot of dudes would have to be massive disappointments for Monk to be the best player out of this draft.  I don't hate him but I don't see how he ends up being the best player

7 hours ago, champ11 said:

I got intel from one of the Nuggets media people. Apparently the deal for the three way trade between the Nuggets/Pacers/Cavs that fell apart and would have sent K Love to Denver and Paul George to Cleveland and was a go until the Pacers pulled the plug at the last minute (this deal getting pulled at the last minute is 100% true according to Zach Lowe).........was Trey Lyles and Gary Harris to Indiana. Two homegrown Indiana guys. So (according to this guy) the Nuggets made the draft deal to get a piece for Indiana in a trade for Kevin Love and then wanted OG at 24. If that's true.....it sucks. And at that point the Nuggets had no idea they were going to get Millsap. So it blows, but if you're a front office and going to make that risk you have to live with the results. 

yeah i think i remember hearing that somewhere. should've just played the board imo, had a handful of really good players sitting in their lap. millsap probably a better fit next to jokic than love though nah? would've sucked to lose gary harris. i don't think that deal getting pulled was the worst thing for DEN tbh. but yeah maybe they did panic when that fell through and were like **** the toolsy 3/4 we wanted just got plucked, let's get someone else who's touted as a toolsy 3/4... but just one that's not good. i feel like i keep talking about how upsetting the lydon pick was, but i dont really think it's that big of a deal. the big deal was just the silly idea of trading back considering the options available when they went OTC. and the reasoning for doing the tradeback being someone that hasn't shown much promise throughout his career and never really even looked promosing dating back to KEN imo. 

7 minutes ago, grubs10 said:

Ya i feel like a lot of dudes would have to be massive disappointments for Monk to be the best player out of this draft.  I don't hate him but I don't see how he ends up being the best player

I mean let alone best player in the draft... Mitchell was like a tier above him anyway. Think Derrick White could easily end up being the more useful player over the course of their careers. Maybe not though, I'm reaching there. 

2 minutes ago, deltarich87 said:

Fox probably the best player for the Kings tonight. Rough shooting night for the team which cost Fox assists but he led the team with 18 pts on 8-13(1-1 3PT) and grabbed 5 boards.

was just about to post. very encouraging game and star thus far for Fox.

Only saw a bit of live action thus far, but early on I am very happy Josh Jackson did NOT want to play/workout for Boston. Making it a easy decision for Boston.

Tatum > JJ ;)

Archived