Rookie watch thread.

resilient part 2

On 10/20/2017 at 5:57 PM, jfinley88 said:

yeah i think i remember hearing that somewhere. should've just played the board imo, had a handful of really good players sitting in their lap. millsap probably a better fit next to jokic than love though nah? would've sucked to lose gary harris. i don't think that deal getting pulled was the worst thing for DEN tbh. but yeah maybe they did panic when that fell through and were like **** the toolsy 3/4 we wanted just got plucked, let's get someone else who's touted as a toolsy 3/4... but just one that's not good. i feel like i keep talking about how upsetting the lydon pick was, but i dont really think it's that big of a deal. the big deal was just the silly idea of trading back considering the options available when they went OTC. and the reasoning for doing the tradeback being someone that hasn't shown much promise throughout his career and never really even looked promosing dating back to KEN imo. 

Yeah it worked out for the best at the end of the day. They weren't sure they were gonna get millsap, but he's a better fit and harris is legit.....so thank god. If only they just stayed at 13 and took OG or if he fell one more spot smh. Trey isn't even in the rotation, btw, and Faried is ballin out tbh 

On 10/20/2017 at 5:49 PM, jfinley88 said:

Monk was one of the more overrated dudes throughout the process iyam. 

What were people saying that overrated him? I must have missed that talk. Just interested in seeing what people didn't like in him.

On 10/21/2017 at 12:10 AM, resilient part 2 said:

What happened to DSJ. Wasn't even listed as a DNP in the boxscore?

I want to think it was because of that dunk attempt vs. Atlanta. He came down really hard and went to the locker room, but came back to start the 3rd and played really well. Nothing came up in practice until the very end according to Rick. I think he's gonna be fine, and I think this was more us being precautionary. But it still leaves reason to be uneasy/nervous since it's the same leg as he tore his ACL. Knee swelling is never good, especially for a 19 year old. But I think this could be a blessing in disguise as it may turn a light on in his head to severely limit these kill dunks.

I'm going tonight and I'll be super pissed if he's out. He's literally the only reason to watch the Mavs. Dirk too, obviously but he's 40. Barnes and Noel are fun but not even close to the magnitude of DSJ.

On 10/22/2017 at 6:02 AM, devils1854 said:

Almost two full pages and no mention of the actual rookie of the year.....

John Collins

That boy good.

And yeah, don't sleep on Bogdan. Dude is going to be a legitimate player in this league given the opportunity.

As far as ROTY though, that's pretty much Simmons award to lose at this point.

DSJ had 10 points, 6 rebounds, 1 assist (garbage *** team can't make shots when he passes to them), and then 1 turnover. 

The very bad was his free throw shooting. 4-10. What good does it do if you get 8-10 FT a night and hit half of them? He really needs to work on that. But overall he was decent, and it was his second career game going up against the greatest team of all time. I do like that 1 turnover.

Archived