NFL Draft '21- Goodell bringin' back Bro Hugs

ravishingone

Place your thoughts on the draft starting Thursday night here.  Post trade rumors and discussions on prospects rising and falling.

A rumor I fully endorse- the trading of Julio Jones - I approve.

Fascinating to watch the top 10 of a draft and the Bucs have no shot being involved.  So this is what being a fan of an elite team feels like.

Edited by ravishingone
  • Like 1

These 49ers rumors are fascinating. That they made the deal to move up with a consensus among the group that Mac Jones was their guy, but that they would due their due diligence on the other QBs in Fields and Lance...

After going through that, Lance impresses enough to sway the scouting department executives who are now pounding the table for him vs. the head coach who still wants Jones...

It's like reality TV...

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, kgarrett12486 said:

These 49ers rumors are fascinating. That they made the deal to move up with a consensus among the group that Mac Jones was their guy, but that they would due their due diligence on the other QBs in Fields and Lance...

After going through that, Lance impresses enough to sway the scouting department executives who are now pounding the table for him vs. the head coach who still wants Jones...

It's like reality TV...

I agree.  I think the criticism of Jones has been unfair.  Does he have the athleticism of Mike Glennon suddenly?  Jones plays with great talent, but he plays in the toughest conference and produced insane numbers.  It doesn t make him without a doubt to be better then Fields and Lamce, but it should not be shocking.

If we go by Shanahan family history, didn t the WFT draft uber athletic Robert Griffen #2 overall, but also drafted some less athletic QB out of Michigan St. in the 4th rd.  

Edited by ravishingone
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, kgarrett12486 said:

It's like reality TV...

I'm not sure I believe that. I mean the rumors are coming out with, "shanahan wants Jones, but the personnel wants Lance". I mean how's that gonna go if Lance is picked, for Lance knowing the head coach wanted the other guy, and for Shanahan wanting the other guy. That just seems like a recipe for disaster if those "rumors" are true. 

13 minutes ago, Caaddy24 said:

I'm not sure I believe that. I mean the rumors are coming out with, "shanahan wants Jones, but the personnel wants Lance". I mean how's that gonna go if Lance is picked, for Lance knowing the head coach wanted the other guy, and for Shanahan wanting the other guy. That just seems like a recipe for disaster if those "rumors" are true. 

If it wasn't Shefty reporting it, then I would chalk it up to the draft smoke rumors you always here, but Shefty is pretty reliable as a whole and he has a connection with the entire Shanahan family. I also heard Chris Simms echoing that he's heard same thing and he is really close with Kyle Shanahan (they were teammates at Texas and still really good friends). 

5 minutes ago, kgarrett12486 said:

If it wasn't Shefty reporting it, then I would chalk it up to the draft smoke rumors you always here, but Shefty is pretty reliable as a whole and he has a connection with the entire Shanahan family. I also heard Chris Simms echoing that he's heard same thing and he is really close with Kyle Shanahan (they were teammates at Texas and still really good friends). 

I think ultimately Shanahan will have final say.  He was hired before Lynch, and I find it difficult to believe Lynch would over rule him at the QB position.  Shanny has been to 2 SBs as a coach, he has to have significant clout within the organization.

15 minutes ago, kgarrett12486 said:

I didn't see what Shefty reported. So yeah could be true. Simms still thinks it's Mac Jones though, at least from what he said on PFT today. 

Nobody is gonna come out and say who they're drafting before the draft obviously, even the 1st overall. But I also wonder how things like this get leaked from a mystery team pick like the 9ers this year. Why don't we hear anything from any other teams favorites? I mean there are some rumors from the Patriots and Broncos as well I guess.

But also, they gave up a lot to get the 3rd overall pick. Does that happen for someone like Lance to sit for a year behind Jimmy? I think they intend Mac Jones to start and they trade Jimmy. 

31 minutes ago, Caaddy24 said:

But also, they gave up a lot to get the 3rd overall pick. Does that happen for someone like Lance to sit for a year behind Jimmy? I think they intend Mac Jones to start and they trade Jimmy. 

Agreed 100%, that if they're truly looking to move Jimmy G, the pick will inevitably be Mac Jones as he's as close to a plug/play QB there is in the draft. With lance only having 17 career games under his belt, coming from a small school program and very limited of recent, no way they could take and play him this year IMO. Would be a mistake to do so for his future. He's a Patrick Mahomes development model route.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, BucsDraftGeek47 said:

😆 Simms is a ******* clown

Yea, we'll also take Trevor Lawrence if he falls to 32

Can't stand to hear Simms talk anymore , he's always spewing out garbage 

He definitely knows how to stir the pot and keep attention on himself lol. He's always got the 'hot take' which turns out to just be the most extreme cirecumstance/outcome imaginable lol.

• Like 1