NFL Draft '21- Goodell bringin' back Bro Hugs

ravishingone

11 minutes ago, BucsDraftGeek47 said:

😆 Simms is a ******* clown

Yea, we'll also take Trevor Lawrence if he falls to 32

Can't stand to hear Simms talk anymore , he's always spewing out garbage 

I like Simms. I watch PFT a lot. But, he's also a stoner that takes Friday's off, and he wants to be a GM  😆... I do notice he's wrong a lot. He also put Zach Wilson ahead of Lawrence, and I think he was the only one.... I don't think Fields will make a good pro QB, but he's worth the risk for someone for sure, and no way he slides that far. 

NFL Network's Tom Pelissero reports North Carolina RB Javonte Williams could be a surprise first round pick in the NFL Draft. 

Pelissero cited multiple sources who believe Williams -- not Najee Harris or Travis Etienne -- is the draft's top back. "I love Javonte Williams," a high-ranking AFC executive told Pelissero. "I think he's the best back in the draft." A tough runner with an 89th percentile agility score and a 71st percentile burst score, Williams could be the surprise preference for running back-hungry teams and the first RB to hear his name called on Thursday. 

1 hour ago, ravishingone said:

This is a big deal and I feel horrible for Farley. He sounds like he's going to be dealing with radiculopathy.

In my line of work, we see people with lumbar surgeries all the time. They almost always have to have multiple surgeries and they success rate for symptom resolution is under 50%. Hopefully he doesn't end up needing a fusion, as that would kill his career.

In the post it references S1 joint, but it's actually the SI joint (sacroilliac). He's likely looking at injections as the next treatment option if the symptoms don't resolve and then more surgery.

Not good at all. I would be extremely leery of him. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Caaddy24 said:

I like Simms. I watch PFT a lot. But, he's also a stoner that takes Friday's off, and he wants to be a GM  😆... I do notice he's wrong a lot. He also put Zach Wilson ahead of Lawrence, and I think he was the only one.... I don't think Fields will make a good pro QB, but he's worth the risk for someone for sure, and no way he slides that far. 

I tried watching PFT but damn I just couldn't get over some of the things he says

Just tries to grab headlines , that's it 

Wilson over Lawrence

Chelsea Peretti Eye Roll GIF by Brooklyn Nine-Nine

Fields @32

Shut Down Schitts Creek GIF by CBC

And those are just the most recent ones

Like dude you have the job already, you don't need attention 

Just go out there and put things out that you actually believe 

9 minutes ago, kgarrett12486 said:

NFL Network's Tom Pelissero reports North Carolina RB Javonte Williams could be a surprise first round pick in the NFL Draft. 

Pelissero cited multiple sources who believe Williams -- not Najee Harris or Travis Etienne -- is the draft's top back. "I love Javonte Williams," a high-ranking AFC executive told Pelissero. "I think he's the best back in the draft." A tough runner with an 89th percentile agility score and a 71st percentile burst score, Williams could be the surprise preference for running back-hungry teams and the first RB to hear his name called on Thursday. 

I could see it only in the prism Williams had less usage in college.  Similiar to the Colts drafting Edgerrin James from the U over Ricky Williams from Texas. 

21 minutes ago, kgarrett12486 said:

i forgot where i read it but there was an article about how highly touted RBs from the same school playing together dont usually pan out in the NFL

ik Javontae and Carter arent super highly rated but the only good backs from the same school that i can remember that had any success was Ronnie Brown and Cadillac and they also phased out after a couple years (ik there were injuries and its not the same but still something to consider)

2 minutes ago, BucsDraftGeek47 said:

i forgot where i read it but there was an article about how highly touted RBs from the same school playing together dont usually pan out in the NFL

ik Javontae and Carter arent super highly rated but the only good backs from the same school that i can remember that had any success was Ronnie Brown and Cadillac and they also phased out after a couple years (ik there were injuries and its not the same but still something to consider)

Michel is serviceable and Chubb is one of the best in the NFL.

22 minutes ago, BucsDraftGeek47 said:

I tried watching PFT but damn I just couldn't get over some of the things he says

Just tries to grab headlines , that's it 

Wilson over Lawrence

Chelsea Peretti Eye Roll GIF by Brooklyn Nine-Nine

Fields @32

Shut Down Schitts Creek GIF by CBC

And those are just the most recent ones

Like dude you have the job already, you don't need attention 

Just go out there and put things out that you actually believe 

I don't think Simms is that bad lol. I think PFT is the best NFL talk show out there. They don't argue and yell at each other like almost all talk shows, and Florio offers the deep thinking side while Simms talks more about the game itself. I'd probably watch more football morning in america if it wasn't for Kyle Brandt. Can't stand the guy. 

And PFT has no commercials. 

Edited by Caaddy24

Reminder of just how silly the rumors can be at this point, just to hopefully sway a team. There talking about Penei Sewell lol. 

'Bob McGinn, who has given voice to the agendas of anonymous scouts for years, has a collection of quotes from unnamed scouts:

“I put the tape on expecting to see Jonathan Ogden or Joe Thomas or Walter Jones or Orlando Pace, and I didn’t see it,” an unnamed scout told McGinn. “But he’s going high because there’s nobody else.”

“He’s a good player, not a great player,” another unnamed scout told McGinn. “The guy’s young. He didn’t play this year.”

Said another unnamed scout: “A bit overrated. He is a naturally thick, big-framed tackle. His workout was actually better than he played. I didn’t think he was super explosive. He covered people up with his size, and he would gouge somebody just because he was bigger than them. And name one pass rusher he actually played against in the Pac-12 who’s on a draft board?”

“Every time I circle back and watch him, I just don’t see it,” another unnamed scout said. “He’s not that gifted with his feet. He doesn’t really play that physical or strong. He can get in the way, but he’s not a really good finisher, and his balance isn’t that great. His technique is off. There’s a lot of work that needs to be done.”

Edited by kgarrett12486

46 minutes ago, indifference said:

Mac Jones at top 3 would be an epic mistake. Worse than the Bears move when they thought Mitch was the guy.

It's not even so much talent as it is a fit for the 9ers system and what shanahan wants to do. He's a great fit for them. And really, they almost made Nick Mullens look like a good QB. Even with Wilson and Lawrence being that much more talented than Jones, I bet Jones has the better career just going to the 9ers as opposed to the disaster teams like the Jets or Jags. 

35 minutes ago, kgarrett12486 said:

Reminder of just how silly the rumors can be at this point, just to hopefully sway a team. There talking about Penei Sewell lol. 

'Bob McGinn, who has given voice to the agendas of anonymous scouts for years, has a collection of quotes from unnamed scouts:

“I put the tape on expecting to see Jonathan Ogden or Joe Thomas or Walter Jones or Orlando Pace, and I didn’t see it,” an unnamed scout told McGinn. “But he’s going high because there’s nobody else.”

“He’s a good player, not a great player,” another unnamed scout told McGinn. “The guy’s young. He didn’t play this year.”

Said another unnamed scout: “A bit overrated. He is a naturally thick, big-framed tackle. His workout was actually better than he played. I didn’t think he was super explosive. He covered people up with his size, and he would gouge somebody just because he was bigger than them. And name one pass rusher he actually played against in the Pac-12 who’s on a draft board?”

“Every time I circle back and watch him, I just don’t see it,” another unnamed scout said. “He’s not that gifted with his feet. He doesn’t really play that physical or strong. He can get in the way, but he’s not a really good finisher, and his balance isn’t that great. His technique is off. There’s a lot of work that needs to be done.”

Exactly lol. Nobody is a perfect prospect, but, another reminder of not to put much stock into things said. I look at it this way. If you're a GM or part of a coaching staff, are you gonna listen to everything the other GMs and coaches and reporters put out there? And then run with it being true? No, they all know the mind games.