Broncos v Chargers - 3:25 pm ATX Time

champ11

4 minutes ago, broncos67 said:

Give me a break with Sloter. Yeah, a nice developmental prospect. He would fare no better (and, in fact, much worse) than Siemian has.

Time for Elway to re-evaluate the personnel guys. There is very little in the way of talent on this team. It's time to stop keying in on individual players in the draft and just take BPA. That concept appears foreign to Elway, but my god, this team, specifically on offense, is a total joke.

You don't know how he would fare. 

Just now, 7DnBrnc53 said:

I would like to see him try. Siemian was never going to be the future. He is just too flawed. 

I would like to identify actual talent on offense via the draft and FA and handle it that way. None of our options are good enough long-term, and that included Sloter. Denver would be best served selling the farm and trading up for a QB prospect if they like one. If not, they need to find talent at myriad offensive positions and just take BPA. No more targeting individual players from Day 1. Just let the board fall and start accumulating talent. No drafting pet projects in Round 3 like Brendan Langley.

Just now, broncos67 said:

I would like to identify actual talent on offense via the draft and FA and handle it that way. None of our options are good enough long-term, and that included Sloter. Denver would be best served selling the farm and trading up for a QB prospect if they like one. If not, they need to find talent at myriad offensive positions and just take BPA. No more targeting individual players from Day 1. Just let the board fall and start accumulating talent. No drafting pet projects in Round 3 like Brendan Langley.

Fine with me. Elway takes too many reaches (Henderson and Gotsis are examples. Heck, I would have drafted Cordy Glenn in Round 2 in 2012 over Wolfe, and then taken Wolfe in Round 3 where he was projected to go). 

1 minute ago, Counselor said:

I didn't make a statement like you did assuming I knew how someone would perform without a sample size. 

I'm not going to argue anymore. If you think Kyle Sloter was going to work magic behind this line, when by all accounts he struggled when he actually faced competent players who are in the league, that's awesome. The reality is much different. This offense is broken because there aren't any good players. 

Just now, broncos67 said:

I'm not going to argue anymore. If you think Kyle Sloter was going to work magic behind this line, when by all accounts he struggled when he actually faced competent players who are in the league, that's awesome. The reality is much different. This offense is broken because there aren't any good players. 

Never said he would work magic. You keep putting words in my mouth. Just stop quoting me because you can't get it right.

Archived