Broncos v Chargers - 3:25 pm ATX Time

champ11

2 minutes ago, Counselor said:

Get this bum off the field

He lofted the ball right to him. Why? I'm guessing that they aren't benching him because Lynch isn't healthy yet. If he was, he would be in there. I think that Elway doesn't want anyone else to come in (unless there's an injury). 

Just now, AKRNA said:

That makes no sense to me.

I definitely get the thought process there.  But Siemian does nothing to back the defense off.  The OL isn't good.  Paradise damn near got Siemian's career ended in the 1st half.  But all the complaints about the OL aren't legitimate as 90% of the OLs are as bad or worse than Denver's.  

What has happened is teams have figured out that Denver can't do anything passing the football.  And they are blitzing like crazy or the DL is just pinning their ears back going balls to the wall to get after the QB.

By no means am I saying Denver's OL is good, but they aren't as bad as they're made out to be.  When the QB can't make a play or be a threat to make a play it makes it easy for a defense to zero in.

This is a team that has to play with a lead. They can't afford a poor 1st quarter.

But back to your point, Denver can't lineup in the I formation because they'll get destroyed.  The defense will stack up even more and being even more heat which is what destroys this offense.

Yup. The OL is mediocre at best but still an improvement from last year, the problem is Siemian. And with only one of our two great receivers playing, this team is SO easy to game plan against. Load the box, roll coverage to DT...and the passing offense can't respond. It was a nice story through two weeks but it's pretty clear to me we've seen all there is to see from Siemian. He'll carve out a nice career as a backup but he is not an NFL starter.

Just pisses me off how much elite talent in its prime is being wasted on defense. VJ will have his hands full keeping the locker room in check now. 

Just now, broncos67 said:

Denver's OL is absolutely as bad as it's made out to be. By a few measures, it's 25th out of 32. That's not better than 90% of OLs. We have a terrible OL overall, with weaknesses or inexperience at 3/5 positions. No bueno.

A lot of that falls on the QB tho, which PFF stats fail to measure.  Siemian does absolutely nothing to keep a defense honest, makes it easy as a defender and coordinator.

26 minutes ago, BroncoBruin said:

You can't run the ball when a team has zero respect for your passing game. And shaky pass protection becomes horrible when your QB can't effectively move around in the pocket. The offensive line is a couple pieces away, but Siemian is THE problem. 

Great point.  The Browns actually have on paper one hell of an OL and look what that offense has been doing all season.

This is a QB driven league.  This has been especially so in the last 10-15 years.  Denver doesn't have that QB and I have serious questions as to whether that guy is even on the roster.  The closest might actually be Chad Kelly, who in college proved to come up big in major games and has athleticism+elite arm strength.

As big a bronco fan as I am, my hope is that Denver continues to tank (which they will unless the defense starts forcing TOs) and Denver is in position to get Darnold, Allen, or Rosen.

Archived