1 Round Mock Where Names Don't Matter and The Points Are All Made Up

carrolljcmc

Tried to have a little fun, it turned into a complete s**tshowΒ πŸ˜†

1. JAX – Trevor Lawrence – QB – Clemson
2. NYJ – Zach Wilson – QB – BYU
3. SF – Mac Jones – QB – Alabama
TRADE – ARI sends 16, 2022 1st, 2022 2nd to ATL for 4, 148, 182, 183 (yeah, yeah, I know, but it does sound like something ole Kliff would try and do)
4. ARI – Kyle Pitts - Florida
5. CIN – Ja’Marr Chase – WR – LSU
6. MIA – Rashawn Slater – OT - Northwestern
7. DET – Jaylen Waddle – WR - Alabama
TRADE – WFT sends 19, 2022 1st to CAR for 8, 113
8. WFT – Trey Lance – QB – North Dakota State
9. DEN – Micah Parsons – LB – Penn State
10. DAL – Patrick Surtain II – CB – Alabama
TRADE – LAC sends 13, 97 to NYG for 11, 196
11. LAC – Penei Sewell – OT – Oregon
TRADE – CHI sends 20, 52 to PHI for 12, 150
12. CHI – Justin Fields – QB – Ohio State
13. NYG – Christian Darrisaw – OT – Virginia Tech
14. MIN – Alijah Vera-Tucker OT - USC
15. NE – DeVonta Smith – WR - Alabama
16. ATL – Jaycee Horn – CB – South Carolina
17. LVR – Trevon Moehrig – S - TCU
18. MIA – Kwity Paye – DE - Michigan
19. CAR – Caleb Fairley – CB – Virginia Tech
20. PHI – Rashod Bateman – WR - Minnesota
21. IND – Jaelen Phillips – DE – Miami (FL)
22. TEN – Elijah Moore – WR – Ole Miss
23. NYJ – Greg Newsome II - Northwestern
24. PIT – Teven Jenkins – OT – Oklahoma State
25. JAX – Christian Barmore – DT - Alabama
26. CLE – Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah – LB – Notre Dame
27. BAL – Zaven Collins – Edge - Tulsa
28. NO – Kadarius Toney – WR – Florida
29. GB – Asante Samuel Jr – CB – Florida State
30. BUF – Najee Harris – RB - Alabama
31. BAL – Liam Eichenberg – OT – Notre Dame
32. TB – Rondale Moore – WR - Purdue

Edited by carrolljcmc
Edited to 1 round
  • Like 2

Hate it for the Falcons i really don't have an interest in either pick made for us.Β Β  Samuel im somewhat ok with in round 2 but think we could have done better.Β  But the Lance pick can be thrown straight into the garbage i hate that one every single tim.Β  It's the worst pick we can make in the top 5 of any top top 10 to 15 player available to us.

Pitts + Najee or Williams is a much better Falcons draft

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, FalconFan13 said:

Hate it for the Falcons i really don't have an interest in either pick made for us.Β Β  Samuel im somewhat ok with in round 2 but think we could have done better.Β  But the Lance pick can be thrown straight into the garbage i hate that one every single tim.Β  It's the worst pick we can make in the top 5 of any top top 10 to 15 player available to us.

Pitts + Najee or Williams is a much better Falcons draft

While IΒ agree with you, what we think the FalconsΒ shouldΒ do vs what they will probably do, are 2 separate things. I hope I'm wrong and they do take Pitts, which is who I've had there in a couple other mocks I've done.

Just now, carrolljcmc said:

While IΒ agree with you, what we think the FalconsΒ shouldΒ do vs what they will probably do, are 2 separate things. I hope I'm wrong and they do take Pitts, which is who I've had there in a couple other mocks I've done.

I think it's between Pitts, LAnce and Fields. One of those three will be in Falcons red and black on thursday night.

1 hour ago, carrolljcmc said:

I'll say this i would have thought they took a QB before the Ryan restructure.Β  After that i don't see why as a GM that would be an option.Β  Like how ignorant is it to cause yourself another 2 to 3 years of dead cap just to take a QB that you can't or wont start for probably 3 years.Β Β  That means you have then wasted 3 years of super cheap contract for a QB which is your best chance to build a team and win a SB.Β Β  You now have 1 year of play time to see if the QB is worth taking the team over before you then have to decide to give him a huge contract.Β Β  Which then makes it way harder for a team to win a SB because the QB once again takes up so much cap space.Β Β Β 

For me the exact moment they chose to restructure Ryan and add that much dead cap space for another 3 years was the moment they chose their QB and course of action.Β  If thats not the case then my god we are in for a very long few years under Fontenot as that scares me on how he does things going forward.Β 

He legit screwed himself over and tied his own hands at QB when he didn't have to if he wanted a new young QB this year.Β Β  You could have restructured Julio instead of Ryan for Cap space and let Ryan walk next year after 1 season of the rookie QB sitting and learning for much cheaper and possibly traded Ryan getting the new QB started much earlier in his contract.Β  Plus by doing that you give the young QB much better weapons with Julio and company to succeed.Β 

I think people think i never wanted a QB in this draft at all where as before the Ryan restructure i was all for taking a QB and moving on from Ryan after next year by trading him and freeing up alot of cap space.Β Β Β  Fontenot ruined that chance with that ugly restructure so for my sanity alone and for me to have faith in my new GM i hope he wasn't that dumb to not only screw himself more over on cap space, lock himself into Ryan for 3 more years because of that dead cap hit, and lastly eat up all the good young QB's years on that cheap contract.Β 

Although i will say their is 1 QB i damn sure don't want at 4 and thats Lance atleast with Lawrence, Fields, and Wilson im happy with their talent level at 4 and believe them to be top 5 picks right now coming out.Β Β Β  Lance shouldn't be in the top 10 to 15 based on how Raw he is right now.Β  My biggest pet peeve in the draft is taking a guy way to early bc of position who isn't worthy of a top 5Β  pick .Β Β  It the same mistake every crappy team does over and over again is they reach for less talented less proven players just bc their QB's and they need one.Β Β  Where as the most successful teams take real top 5 to 10 talent at that pick and let a QB fall to them at better picks.Β Β Β Β  Now if we trade down to say 13 to 15 or so and Lance or Mac are still there then sure im more open to the pick as it's fair value for where they are right now talent wise and we get more picks to help build the team.Β  At 4 though you don't bet on upside you take the most sure proven top 5 thing.Β  The later picks are for projects and upside.

Edited by FalconFan13
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, scar988 said:

I think it's between Pitts, LAnce and Fields. One of those three will be in Falcons red and black on thursday night.

Thats without a trade down scenario which i hope is option #1 on Fontenot's list.Β  For me personally if i were in charge the options would be in order Β Β  1. Trade Down Β Β  2. Draft PittsΒ Β Β Β  3. Draft Sewell Β Β  4. DraftΒ  FieldsΒ Β Β  5.Β  DraftΒ  Parson or SurtainΒ Β Β Β 

Atleast with that scenario im taking guy i value as top 5 to 8 pick and in the top 1 or 2 at their positions.Β  Lance is like 4th or 5th best at his position and based on where he is in his career needs a few years to hopefully reach being a top 5 draftable talent.Β Β Β  The thought of taking a project player so high in the top 5 boggles my mind when everyone knows and has said he needs so much work that he has to sit for multiple years to hope he becomes as good with a pretty low chance maybe better than guys who is already above him you can take now.

Almost zero smoke about Pitts to Cincy.Β  I wouldn't hate it, but almost positive it isn't happening.Β  I'd say 85% chance it's Chase, 14% Sewell, 1% Pitts.

Basham in 2 is ok in a vacuum, but no oline in rd 1 or 2 is not.

It'd be most likely Chase/Cosmi in this scenario, with an outside shot of Sewell/Bateman.Β 

I'll be legitimately shocked if it's not Chase though.

• Like 1