2021 Day 1 NFL Draft Thread (NO SPOILERS!!!)

CWood21

Just like last year, this thread will be for all Day 1 discussion.  It'll open roughly around 24 hours prior to the start of the NFL draft, and the prospects thread will lock at that time.  We have to go through this, but a few noteworthy things.

1.) Please do NOT spoil picks.  Don't ruin this for everyone who wants to surprise.

2.) We don't need a dozen different threads about picking players who are "falling".  Players fall every year.

3.) Enjoy yourself.

From @Packerraymond and myself, we appreciate all you guys do and continue to make the Packers forum the best on FF and the best on the internet.

• Like 6

My official guess is Sam Cosmi, if and only if they stand pat at #29. Not because I want it to happen. Sweet christmas, not because I want it to happen.

If they trade up, I think it's for Greg Newsome.

If they trade down, I'd guess Jevon Holland wherever they land. 

Let's talk about all the WR "smoke" we've been hearing in the last couple of days with Bateman and E.Moore. Just an insane amount of people linking GB to these two players at the same time. 

First of all: it's lying season. 

Second of all: nothing gets out of Green Bay

Third of all:

"Chris Mortensen of ESPN is reporting that "everybody in the league" thinks that USC wide receiver Marqise Lee will be the Packers' selection at pick #21 this evening if he is on the board at that time."

Green Bay knows how to toy with the draft rumor mill as well as anyone. I'm not saying it's impossible that Gute will take a WR in the 1st round, but it seems pretty unlikely.  

Andy Herman  -    13 of the last 16 first picks by GB have been QB/OT/DL/E/CB

Since Kenny Clark, all 6 players taken 33 or above were age 21 or under

22/25 Gute's picks w/ measurables tested 8.0+ RAS

Top prospects who match all 3:
J. Phillips
J. Tryon
A. Ojulari
G. Newsome
P. Adebo
C. Barmore

Full list of players in top 50 that have 8.0+ RAS, play a premium position, and are age 21 or younger:
Patrick Surtain
Penei Sewell
Jaycee Horn
Jaelan Phillips
Greg Newsome
Azeez Ojulari
Jayson Oweh
Joe Tryon
Christian Barmore
That’s it.
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, incognito_man said:

What about that high RAS ILB from Iowa? I first heard his name today as a mid round guy. He intrigued me enough to forget his name.

I saw that too. Put up some great numbers, some really love his length. Wasn't his name Ron Jeremy?