2021 Day 1 NFL Draft Thread (NO SPOILERS!!!)

CWood21

4 hours ago, Leader said:

Andy Herman  -    13 of the last 16 first picks by GB have been QB/OT/DL/E/CB

Since Kenny Clark, all 6 players taken 33 or above were age 21 or under

22/25 Gute's picks w/ measurables tested 8.0+ RAS

Top prospects who match all 3:
J. Phillips
J. Tryon
A. Ojulari
G. Newsome
P. Adebo
C. Barmore

Full list of players in top 50 that have 8.0+ RAS, play a premium position, and are age 21 or younger:
Patrick Surtain
Penei Sewell
Jaycee Horn
Jaelan Phillips
Greg Newsome
Azeez Ojulari
Jayson Oweh
Joe Tryon
Christian Barmore
That’s it.

So if that holds true we trade up for Newsome.

3 hours ago, DWhitehurst said:

Crazy Prediction: Gute trades back into early 2nd round and picks WR Rondale Moore. 

Crazier Prediction: Gute trades up to pick 2 to draft Mac Jones. If Kyle loves him so much for the system... have to imagine Matt does too.

You upset yet Rodgers?

I haven't really been on the WR train until the past couple days, but it does kind of feel like a repeat of last year where are all the top guys disappear right before our pick and we're left speculating if we would have taken a guy like Bateman or Elijah Moore (or Reagor, Jefferson, Aiyuk) if they hadn't gone off the board.

When your team is soft in the middle, you fix the dline or inside LB.

I don't think Barmore is on the Packers radar in first round, so they go ILB and Jamin Davis. If AJ Hawk's clone, Warner from Ohio State, is a target then look at the safety from TCU in the first round. He's a in the box or centerfield player.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Hands said:

When your team is soft in the middle, you fix the dline or inside LB.

I don't think Barmore is on the Packers radar in first round, so they go ILB and Jamin Davis. If AJ Hawk's clone, Warner from Ohio State, is a target then look at the safety from TCU in the first round. He's a in the box or centerfield player.

Good to hear from you Hands.

Like all your selections there, any of them would make the defense better. 

Ben Fennell -   IMO, Packers MUST come out of the 1st 2 rounds with a OT...and I don’t think versatility is imperative.

Talent drop off after first wave of OTs is exponentially more significant than drop at WR.

Get OT early. Add WR after. Don’t neglect the trenches on a contending team!

19 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Today's the day we trade 29, 62 and 93 along with 2022 and 2023 1st to go up and get Justin Fields.

Not sure why the need to trade picks, he probably be there at 29 and the Packers can take him then.