2021 Day 1 NFL Draft Thread (NO SPOILERS!!!)

CWood21

34 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Lol.  ****ing crazy.  It would take a hell of a lot more than 3rd overall and Jimmy G. to get Rodgers.

If they had offered Bosa and Kinlaw plus their 3rd overall and traded Jimmy G. To get back into th first next year and give us three total first round picks and we didn’t accept it, I might be upset.

Edited by Outpost31

14 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

How dumb... if the 9ers wanted to literally trade for Rodgers, they would of given all the picks they used to get number 3 to GB.

I almost wish GB moves on from Rodgers next year so this insanity can end. Why can’t people accept they drafted Love to develop him so they have an out if Rodgers starts to decline?

Edited by Green19

1 minute ago, Outpost31 said:

Lol.  ****ing crazy.  It would take a hell of a lot more than 3rd overall and Jimmy G. to get Rodgers.

If they had offered Bosa and Kinlaw plus their 3rd and we didn’t accept it, I might be upset.

I mean we could get creative with "a number of players on the current roster"....:) 

23 hours ago, CWood21 said:

Just like last year, this thread will be for all Day 1 discussion.  It'll open roughly around 24 hours prior to the start of the NFL draft, and the prospects thread will lock at that time.  We have to go through this, but a few noteworthy things.

1.) Please do NOT spoil picks.  Don't ruin this for everyone who wants to surprise.

2.) We don't need a dozen different threads about picking players who are "falling".  Players fall every year.

3.) Enjoy yourself.

From @Packerraymond and myself, we appreciate all you guys do and continue to make the Packers forum the best on FF and the best on the internet.

Sorry if this sounds stupid but what does the bolded (not spoiling picks) means? We should not mention who got picked before there is a separate thread created on the forums specific to that pick? Something else? Just want to make sure I understand correctly.

Today is a perfect microcosm of my luck. I live in Cleveland, was planning to spend all day downtown in the draft environment, etc., but it's raining and the forecast is 100% rain from this morning until about midnight tonight...

The last 3 days have been 70 and sunny. Today it's 50 and pouring. Welcome to Cleveland. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, fistfullofbeer said:

Sorry if this sounds stupid but what does the bolded (not spoiling picks) means? We should not mention who got picked before there is a separate thread created on the forums specific to that pick? Something else? Just want to make sure I understand correctly.

Meaning don’t say the pick before the normal broadcast announces it.

A lot of places like Bleacher report will tip picks well before they air on the broadcast like espn.

Edited by Green19
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, fistfullofbeer said:

A lot of people are probably streaming the draft. We may not all see the picks at the exact same time. Also, some people get their picks from Twitter which is usually a bit faster than TV. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Green19 said:

Meaning don’t say the pick before the normal broadcast announces it.

A lot of places like Bleacher report will tip picks well before they air on the broadcast like espn.

2 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

A lot of people are probably streaming the draft. We may not all see the picks at the exact same time. Also, some people get their picks from Twitter which is usually a bit faster than TV. 

Thanks. I am streaming the draft myself so that makes sense. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, fistfullofbeer said:

Whenever the pick gets announced on TV feel free to discuss it.  At one point a few years ago we ended up like 3-4 picks ahead of what was on TV.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

The first tip off should be that it was first reported by Paul Allen. Just why would you think the play by play man for the Vikings would get the inside scoop on the Packers moves?

Edited by CrazyJoeDavola

6 minutes ago, James Lofton said:

I'm not a fan of giving up a 4th rounder to move up.

It's like trading a possible: Jamal Williams, Blake Martinez, David Bakhtairi or JC Tretter

I don’t know I think this year would be the year to do it. Gute already stated the udfa class is going to be rough give everything... the lack of evaluation, players opting out, etc.

I think if you like a guy... say a newsome and it would take a fourth to move up (ala last year) I think you do it in this draft. Get the players you feel the best about. 10 draft picks aren’t making this team.

5 minutes ago, Green19 said:

I don’t know I think this year would be the year to do it. Gute already stated the udfa class is going to be rough give everything... the lack of evaluation, players opting out, etc.

I think if you like a guy... say a newsome and it would take a fourth to move up (ala last year) I think you do it in this draft. Get the players you feel the best about. 10 draft picks aren’t making this team.

I understand you point, but I feel the opposite. All drafts are a crap shoot, but this year especially, so get as many bites as possible to improve your chances of finding some guys who can help us win.