2021 Day 1 NFL Draft Thread (NO SPOILERS!!!)

CWood21

Stokes certainly was not on my final shortlist of guys at #29, but he was very much talked about as a 1st rounder until like a month ago. I know this because I'm a casual draft follower and he was one of the main CBs talked about when I started paying attention early in the offseason. I'm not sure what happened to make him fall off the radar, especially given how well he tested.

• Like 1

Andy Herman -  I like the Stokes pick. Fast as ****, great ball skills, should play well in GB's new scheme, an upgrade from Kevin King, there's a lot to like about this pick. Were there others who I liked more, sure, but this is a good football player.

Peter Bukowski  -   Eric Stokes was the best CB left on the Packers hot list. Big. Physical. Ran 4.2’s and jumped over 40. Guy is an absolute physical marvel.

If what sets Aaron Rodgers off is "the Packers take a cornerback" I'm not sure he paid a lot of attention to the team he was on last season, since this was 100% predictable after the NFCCG.

If you were going to circle "what position do the Packers target in the 1st" you pretty much could circle "cornerback" once they extended Bakhtiari.

Just now, Les Punting said:

The 2nd tier of CB's with 2nd round grades. 

Come again?  You've got Newsome, Stokes, and Samuel in that same tier.  Newsome is probably best as a zone corner.  Stokes is a better man corner.  And you're jumping on the bloodlines with Samuel.

1 minute ago, CWood21 said:

Come again?  You've got Newsome, Stokes, and Samuel in that same tier.  Newsome is probably best as a zone corner.  Stokes is a better man corner.  And you're jumping on the bloodlines with Samuel.

Good. Thats how I like them.