2021 Day 1 NFL Draft Thread (NO SPOILERS!!!)

CWood21

I really wondered why the Georgia corners weren’t talked about higher, they held their own against absolutely crazy talent the last couple years. Stokes has the size and speed that makes others look silly. I was drooling over the thought of him in the second round as people were projecting him 2-3. Totally good with this pick though. High school running back to college cb 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, NFLGURU said:

Alex's 5th year is this coming year.  Have you see their cap situation for 2022.  Its not pretty.  I hope the retain Alex after next year.  Will they?  Probably but it won't be easy without on the cap.

2021 is Alexander 4th year

2022 5th year

big contract comes in 2023.  Rodgers likely gone.  Jones, Z Smith, P Smith off the books.  Unknown on Adams.  There will be cap space.  

Projection of $225M ( or possibly more) in league salary cap.  

36 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

Holy ****

Fwiw, his the above screenshot must have changed after Stokes' pro day or something. His RAS is currently listed as 9.37. Not 9.99, but still excellent. #12 among CB's. A poor shuttle time (and therefore, agility score) was his biggest hit. 

Hopefully his on-field agility is better than what he showed in testing.

Jake Morley -   Bateman was the last outside receiver on the board that the Packers viewed as a R1 guy. There are a lot of Elijah Moore types. I get the process. Stokes makes this secondary stupid fast and dynamic. I get it, and he isn’t there at 62.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Leader said:

Jake Morley -   Bateman was the last outside receiver on the board that the Packers viewed as a R1 guy. There are a lot of Elijah Moore types. I get the process. Stokes makes this secondary stupid fast and dynamic. I get it, and he isn’t there at 62.

It’s was obvious GB wasn’t going to draft a small WR in round 1. Marshall out of lsu was the only guy left.

and they likely didn’t like the medical... at least in round 1.

5 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

I hope Stokes/Oweh isn't the next King/Watt

GB didn't trade back for Stokes.  Not picking Oweh would be like any player that is picked after the Stokes selection until GB next pick.   That is a very slippery slope to go down. 

Looking to Day 2 (since there is no Day 2 thread yet), my ideal day would include a WR-OL combo. Here's the list: 

OL: 

OT: Jenkins, Radunz, Cosmi, Eichenberg, Little, Christensen, Mayfield, Brown, T. Smith

IOL: Dickerson, Humphrey, Meinerz, Davis

WR: E. Moore, Marshall, Wallace, D. Brown, Eskridge, R. Moore, St. Brown, Collins, A. Rodgers 

If we go another route, these are some names still on the board: 

DL: Barmore, Onwuzurike, Nixon, McNeil, Williams

EDGE: Ojulari, Ossai, Basham, Weaver

ILB: JOK, Bolton, Cox, Browning, Werner

DB: (Star): Moehrig, Holland

• Like 2