2021 Day 1 NFL Draft Thread (NO SPOILERS!!!)

CWood21

1 hour ago, Leader said:

Ross Uglem -  I'm torn between the dwindling (excellent) options at OT and WR and my firm belief that the Packers need to add at least 10 picks to this roster. They need young, cheap talent.

Have to imagine Seattle at 56 will be a prime trade up candidate.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

I hope Stokes/Oweh isn't the next King/Watt

Not a single person on here pounded the table for Oweh like the masses did for Watt, so they better not. If no one from the fan base wanted the guy in the moment, they can't complain.

It's going to be Elijah Moore, Teven Jenkins & JOK always compared to Stokes by the fan base IMO.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

Lol.  Bears gave up a future first round pick when they're a year away from firing their coach and GM. 

I’ve been saying for a while Nagy and Pace are willing to sacrifice the bears’ future to secure their own. If the pick pans out, awesome. If not, it won’t hurt Nagy or pace much longer lol

7 minutes ago, Ty21 said:

I’ve been saying for a while Nagy and Pace are willing to sacrifice the bears’ future to secure their own. If the pick pans out, awesome. If not, it won’t hurt Nagy or pace much longer lol

Yeah that’s why I was laughing.  They have zero ****s to give.

Still hurts them because they’re not winning anything long term with like one first round pick’s worth of talent on that roster over the past x amount of years.  You can point to Mack, but by the time Fields is experienced enough for a Super Bowl run, Mack is 32 and (I think) his contract is up.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Yeah that’s why I was laughing.  They have zero ****s to give.

Still hurts them because they’re not winning anything long term with like one first round pick’s worth of talent on that roster over the past x amount of years.  You can point to Mack, but by the time Fields is experienced enough for a Super Bowl run, Mack is 32 and (I think) his contract is up.

Yeah I feel like the defense is pretty washed at this point and we don’t have a sure fire 2 at WR. It’ll be interesting to see how everything pans out 

22 minutes ago, Ty21 said:

They're not able to trade that future FRP without ownerships' approval IMO.

I'm cool with the pick.  Dude is so fast when asked to be just that.  Run fast here.

Like he is a press/man all day long.  He redirects well to the boundary.  Good ball skills.  If he's beaten, he has the gear to catch up.  

I didn't think he was elite in change of direction.  I didn't feel like he was elite at mirroring routes.  But if he's running a straight line, he's a weapon.

I wanted Jenkins.  But, I'll also admit that he was in the next tier of OT's that includes Cosimi, Radunz, Christensen, Little, Eichenberg and maybe Mayfield.  

So, we went into the next tier of corners.  Probably started with Newsome.  And this kid has a very special athletic trait in pure speed.  All good in my book.

2 hours ago, packfanfb said:

Looking to Day 2 (since there is no Day 2 thread yet), my ideal day would include a WR-OL combo. Here's the list: 

OL: 

OT: Jenkins, Radunz, Cosmi, Eichenberg, Little, Christensen, Mayfield, Brown, T. Smith

IOL: Dickerson, Humphrey, Meinerz, Davis

WR: E. Moore, Marshall, Wallace, D. Brown, Eskridge, R. Moore, St. Brown, Collins, A. Rodgers 

If we go another route, these are some names still on the board: 

DL: Barmore, Onwuzurike, Nixon, McNeil, Williams

EDGE: Ojulari, Ossai, Basham, Weaver

ILB: JOK, Bolton, Cox, Browning, Werner

DB: (Star): Moehrig, Holland

That's a lot of guys to still like.   A lot.  

Gute's ranking, so of course who knows.  So he might really have some tiers and potential impact that are worth trading up for.  *IF* he trades up, that will be pretty exciting, because it will mean they really love the guy and think he's a great fit.  But I'm guessing that if he ends up waiting for our turn, he's going to get a good opportunity at adding another really good long-term core player.  

Looking like a lot of good options.  

2 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

Not a single person on here pounded the table for Oweh like the masses did for Watt, so they better not. If no one from the fan base wanted the guy in the moment, they can't complain.

It's going to be Elijah Moore, Teven Jenkins & JOK always compared to Stokes by the fan base IMO.

For me, it's Moore but I at least get why GB didn't go that route due to his size. I disagree but I get it. I'm fine with passing on JOK and Jenkins, especially given the depth of the OL class.

2 minutes ago, craig said:

That's a lot of guys to still like.   A lot.  

Gute's ranking, so of course who knows.  So he might really have some tiers and potential impact that are worth trading up for.  *IF* he trades up, that will be pretty exciting, because it will mean they really love the guy and think he's a great fit.  But I'm guessing that if he ends up waiting for our turn, he's going to get a good opportunity at adding another really good long-term core player.  

Looking like a lot of good options.  

I will be surprised if we do not see a trade up 6-11 spots today in the 2nd round. There will probably be a run on OT's and WR's and I don't think Gutes will get shutout with one of them.  

1 minute ago, OneTwoSixFive said:

For me, though it obviously depends on exactly WHO is available with their next pick, other things being equal,

DL > OT > WR

Going to ride that DL thing to your grave, aren't you. 😀

2 hours ago, packfanfb said:

Looking to Day 2 (since there is no Day 2 thread yet), my ideal day would include a WR-OL combo. Here's the list: 

OL: 

OT: Jenkins, Radunz, Cosmi, Eichenberg, Little, Christensen, Mayfield, Brown, T. Smith

IOL: Dickerson, Humphrey, Meinerz, Davis

WR: E. Moore, Marshall, Wallace, D. Brown, Eskridge, R. Moore, St. Brown, Collins, A. Rodgers 

If we go another route, these are some names still on the board: 

DL: Barmore, Onwuzurike, Nixon, McNeil, Williams

EDGE: Ojulari, Ossai, Basham, Weaver

ILB: JOK, Bolton, Cox, Browning, Werner

DB: (Star): Moehrig, Holland

Bold are the guys I'd expect Green Bay to look at.