2021 Day 1 NFL Draft Thread (NO SPOILERS!!!)

CWood21

32 minutes ago, cannondale said:

Still not sure how I am going to deal with the draft.  I'm sure ESPN and NFLN will hate the Packers pick getting in the way of interviewing Justin Fields 3rd grade teacher

I think I'll try to follow the Bleacher Report stream and the Bootleg Football one. they are about as good as anything I've found.

43 minutes ago, cannondale said:

Still not sure how I am going to deal with the draft.  I'm sure ESPN and NFLN will hate the Packers pick getting in the way of interviewing Justin Fields 3rd grade teacher

Only if she died in some horrific way will she come up

Edited by Norm

20 hours ago, thrILL! said:

After the plot twists of last year’s draft, I’ll be watching this one with zero expectations. Should make for a more relaxing couple of nights. I don’t anticipate a pick that will be able to throw this sub into hissy fit like last year’s did.  Most of us have come to our senses about those by now even if we were vexed at the time. 

So much for that. This new narrative is going to dominate much of tonight and tomorrow. Might have to mute the draft and play some music instead.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, PossibleCabbage said:

Singing the national anthem before the NFL draft is still deranged.  This is still just a (glossed up to be an entertainment product) meeting.  No meeting is improved by singing.

That was a rockin' rendition of the anthem. Having been to the draft, I do not agree that it is a meeting. It is a sporting event, and real life is is made more fun with live music.