Round 1 NFL Draft Discussion

zelbell

6 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

23 million now, 15 after June 1.  I’d be surprised if it happens now.

If he’s cut after June 1st does the team still owe him anything next year? I never really understood the June 1st stuff. Is that when players are paid their bonuses?

Just now, sdrawkcab321 said:

If he’s cut after June 1st does the team still owe him anything next year? I never really understood the June 1st stuff. Is that when players are paid their bonuses?

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/julio-jones-rumors-will-he-get-traded-during-2021-nfl-draft/

It’s all in there, but the tl:dr is they’d spread the 23 million over 2 seasons.

That’s a lot of money to pay a good player to not play for you.

42 minutes ago, JDD said:

I said f it. I took tomorrow off. Needs some time away. Oh and I can drink as much as I want tonight now 

I just got my 2nd vaccine and the first question I asked the pharmacist was "so the NFL draft is tonight, is there anything I can/cant eat or drink?"

His response to me was "The side effects from the 2nd dose feels like a hangover the next day so drink as much as you want because either way your waking up with a banging headache"

• Like 1

I keep thinking "the 9ers can't be dumb enough to go Mac Jones when they have Justin Fields staring them in the face, right?"

Then I remember that in the 2017 QB class (Mahomes/Watson), there was only one that Kyle Shanahan was interested in. And it was C.J. Beathard. 

2 minutes ago, FGK said:

I keep thinking "the 9ers can't be dumb enough to go Mac Jones when they have Justin Fields staring them in the face, right?"

Then I remember that in the 2017 QB class (Mahomes/Watson), there was only one that Kyle Shanahan was interested in. And it was C.J. Beathard. 

He also gave Jimmy Garoppolo a 5 year 135m contract after throwing for 1,500 yards 7 TDs and 5 INTs in 2017.

8 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

I just got my 2nd vaccine and the first question I asked the pharmacist was "so the NFL draft is tonight, is there anything I can/cant eat or drink?"

His response to me was "The side effects from the 2nd dose feels like a hangover the next day so drink as much as you want because either way your waking up with a banging headache"

I mean, that’s one way to look at it.

That said, “you’re gonna feel like garbage so go ahead and double down” is probably not something you’re gonna appreciate tomorrow.  

Especially if we trade down a few spots out of round 1 and you feel like hot arse all day tomorrow when we’re actually picking. 😂