Round 1 NFL Draft Discussion

zelbell

7 minutes ago, Reginaldm9 said:

Watch some ******* YouTube highlights so you guys stop crapping your pants that a football player got dinged up. Newsome has insane anticipation and is a monster in a zone system. He's our ideal corner. 

If we are going to play zone, ya.

But doesn't that kind of waste Ward?

Just now, bruceb said:

Bruce, you gotta watch these games instead of ***** about them the whole time. Zone is pretty much all we ever do. Ward gets to free style a little bit he's not a tried and true press-man corner. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, bruceb said:

Maybe ward isn’t in the future due to health and financials...

could be the FO’s way of allowing for that flexibility if needed

i am not suggesting we should not try keeping him around....but there is going to be some future financial issues

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Reginaldm9 said:

Bruce, you gotta watch these games instead of ***** about them the whole time. Zone is pretty much all we ever do. Ward gets to free style a little bit he's not a tried and true press-man corner. 

It's harder to tell what's happening when you're listening to games on the radio.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Reginaldm9 said:

Everything I have read has said and I thought that was one of his strengths.

1 minute ago, malibuspeedrace said:

Maybe ward isn’t in the future due to health and financials...

could be the FO’s way of allowing for that flexibility if needed

i am not suggesting we should not try keeping him around....but there is going to be some future financial issues

Good thoughts.

Could be.

Just now, bruceb said:

Everything I have read has said and I thought that was one of his strengths.

Ward is good enough to fit in either system and was touted as such coming out for the draft, but since Woods has taken over, we've been nothing but zone except for halftime adjustments and situational playcalling. 

1 minute ago, malibuspeedrace said:

Why does everyone stand up after the pick is in, in all these war rooms...

you made the pick, and know who you are getting.

you legit look like jack ***** just waiting for it to be announced, before you start to show how happy you are with the selection

Its because the cameras are on them and they are wanting to show the fans that whoever they drafted is actually who they wanted.

Just now, Reginaldm9 said:

Ward is good enough to fit in either system and was touted as such coming out for the draft, but since Woods has taken over, we've been nothing but zone except for halftime adjustments and situational playcalling. 

All well and good but iirc one of Greedy's strengths also is press coverage.

If this pick is capitulation to zone, which Woods just like the last guy said they didn't favor, so be it.

Just now, AkronsWitness said:

Its because the cameras are on them and they are wanting to show the fans that whoever they drafted is actually who they wanted.

It would look way better to see them leaping out of their seats in excitement

they legit always look like they are standing out in the corridor of a funeral home, up until the pick is announced 

• Like 1