Round 1 NFL Draft Discussion

zelbell

4 minutes ago, bruceb said:

Without a doubt. It was need-based selection.

Newsome, when he's on the field, will do a good job, but he will not make game-changing plays.

JOK would do a good job and make game-changing plays.

Lol ok whatever you say. Like LGB said one is a premium position and the other isn't. May be a simple as that. Also I like JOK, but he's kind of a tweener.

1 minute ago, mrpazzo said:

Their highlight stat for Newsome II was that he had an 11% Completion rate allowed in single coverage in 2020 which was the best of all the CBs in the 2021 draft.

Great, and Woods is going to play him in zone.

2 minutes ago, mrpazzo said:

I was watching the PFF draft podcast.  They loved the pick.  Their highlight stat for Newsome II was that he had an 11% Completion rate allowed in single coverage in 2020 which was the best of all the CBs in the 2021 draft.

yeah, he’s a good player.

2 minutes ago, mrpazzo said:

I know JOK is pretty well loved here, but Cris Collinsworth wondered what his position will be in the pros. (I know you move him like a chess piece.)  

To be fair, Collinsworth is an idiot. His position is pretty clear.

Couple of points.....

Cant believe I've ever seen a draft where a DT did not go in round 1

Also  JOK, Barmore, Holland, Rondell Moore, Ojulari and Morwhig are all players I still have 1rst round grades on.....

Our secondary is Solidified IMO now....IF healthy, I like the thought of Ward and Greedy on the outside and Newsome II can play inside and out so put him and his elite COD skills in the slot, rotate Hill in and out to give the youngster a break...JJ in Center Field, Harrison at SS and Delpit as the Slot safety...that everyone on the line covering receivers all Run 4.3x

banner-e1517336577753.png

What i would like to see us do is make deal to move up in round 2 and take DT Barmore if he's still there...Den or Detroit should do it for our 2nd, higher 3rd and lower 4th.

2 minutes ago, Rod Johnson said:

It's not about replacing Kevin Johnson the man, it's about replacing Kevin Johnson the idea.

I’m not sure idea you mean?  A slot corner?  It’s Hill, he was one of the best in the league at it last season.

Ward and Newsome are likely the starters.  Maybe greedy, I guess we’ll see.  Whoever doesn’t start Wil be the 4th corner and fill in when injuries happen.

2 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I’m not sure idea you mean?  A slot corner?  It’s Hill, he was one of the best in the league at it last season.

Ward and Newsome are likely the starters.  Maybe greedy, I guess we’ll see.  Whoever doesn’t start Wil be the 4th corner and fill in when injuries happen.

If we play dime we might see greddy out there too. 

Like you and other s have said, we need to be 4-5, deep at corner.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Yes a slot corner.  We definitely needed another guy to fill the Mitchell void when you play 3 CBs at a time so often. 

9 minutes ago, Rod Johnson said:

Yes a slot corner.  We definitely needed another guy to fill the Mitchell void when you play 3 CBs at a time so often. 

I’m starting to think you’re just yanking my chain.  It’s Troy Hill.  He’s a significantly better player than Mitchell.

Newsome and Ward are likely the starters unless Greedy comes out ready to play and looking good.  Without Greedy we’re 3 deep with quality talent.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I’m starting to think you’re just yanking my chain.  It’s Troy Hill.  He’s a significantly better player than Mitchell.

Newsome and Ward are likely the starters unless Greedy comes out ready to play and looking good.  Without Greedy we’re 3 deep with quality talent.

We lost 2 corners so we needed 2 corners is the only thing I'm really saying.  I'm not really comparing how good they are lol.

Even if Mitchell was average at best he was still available and sometimes our best corner on the field.  Troy Hill is going to be what we tried to get out of Kevin Johnson but a lot better.