Mock Options: RB or Not RB

cjfollett

I did a couple mocks using the first pick website. Here's what I got:

Mock #1, Harris is there and he is the pick.

24: Najee Harris, RB, Alabama - All acounts are he is the target for the Steelers.
55: Josh Myers, C/OG, Ohio State - I think this is the position here; I took Meyers over Dickerson due to health concerns.
87: Alaric Jackson, OT, Iowa - OL back-to-back with no good optopmn for TE.
128: Israel Mukuamu, CB, South Carolina - Hearing good things about this kid.
140 (COMP): Monty Rice, ILB/OLB, Georgia - Versatile LB to provide depth and ST.
216: John Bates, TE, Boise State - Not my first choice, but worth a shot here.
245: D.J. Daniel, CB, Georgia - ST and maybe some subpackage depth.
254: Osa Odighizuwa, DT, UCLA - Practice squad for future development.

Mock #2, Harris is gone, and Buffalo offers #1 and #2 to move up and take Zaven Collins:

30 (from BUF): Eric Stokes, CB, Georgia - I've seen rumors/reports that the Steelers are high on this kid, with possible trade up in round #2 to get him. With Harris off the board, and with extra picks, the Steelers take the CB here.
55: Creed Humphrey, C/OG, Oklahoma - I think the best C in the draft and happy he is here.
61 (from BUF): Javonte Williams, RB, North Carolina - A decent option here, even if not the guy they wanted most.
87: Jabril Cox, ILB/OLB, LSU - Surprised he is still on the board here, and a pretty easy pick.
128: Cary Angeline, TE, North Carolina State - I think I am reaching here, but the Steelers need a TE who can contribute something in 2021.
140 (COMP): Amari Rodgers, WR, Clemson - I'm not sure the Steelers will pick WR this year, but of the players available here, Rodgers is the best option in my mind.
216: Jordon Scott, DT, Oregon - I watched this kid a lot in PAC-12. He dominates at times and completely disappears at others. If he can put it together in the NFL, he'll be a force.
245: Myles Jones, CB, Texas A&M - Drafting position for subpackage depth and STs.
254: Robert Hainsey, OT/OG, Notre Dame - Another OL option to throw into the mix. Likely practice squad.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, mwalker said:

i like the trade, as in what you're getting to move down, but I like the players better in your first one.

I like the second mock scenario with the trade as well. As far as players, I wish you could flip flop a few. I prefer Najee over Williams. I'd prefer to take Stokes and Humphrey over their counterparts. I have Campbell rated above Stokes, but both are good and should be solid pros with their size, height, mobility and speed. I think Jordan Scott is a sleeper at DT.

I like the fact that your fist mock has them offense X3, but I think they address CB somewhere depending on how the combo of players/picks fall at RB,CB, C, or T maybe even LB.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Steeler Hitman said:

I like the second mock scenario with the trade as well. As far as players, I wish you could flip flop a few. I prefer Najee over Williams. I'd prefer to take Stokes and Humphrey over their counterparts. I have Campbell rated above Stokes, but both are good and should be solid pros with their size, height, mobility and speed. I think Jordan Scott is a sleeper at DT.

I like the fact that your fist mock has them offense X3, but I think they address CB somewhere depending on how the combo of players/picks fall at RB,CB, C, or T maybe even LB.

Trade down to #30 and still get Najee Harris would be awesome, but unlikely. Of course, you never know what is going to happen. The whole point of the trade down is that Harris is off the board. I have been opposed to RB at #24 from the beginning, but more and more things I read and hear tell me Harris is the pick if he is there. 

• Like 1