The 2021 Raider Draft Day Thread - Round 1 Chat

RaidersAreOne

If parsons is there at 17 and we don't take him. That be it with this current regime for me. No more benefit of the doubt for me. Until they win something I would want them all gone. We been playing around at linebacker way to long to skip over parsons. 

• Like 1

Just now, BayRaider said:

Sean Payton is probably licking his chops over Fields. He is like Drew Brees and Taysom Hill fused into the same person. 

What the 49ers do at #3 is going to have such a huge impact on how the rest of the board shakes out.

28 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Miller's tape was average at UCLA but he had physical gifts you couldn't teach and Brown is like a more athletic version of Kolton. I was kidding about taking him at 17.

I know you're kidding but Brown is a stash away for a year or probably two kind of player.  

UCLA played much better standard and Miller actually performed better overall.  

• Like 1

Just now, dante9876 said:

If parsons is there at 17 and we don't take him. That be it with this current regime for me. No more benefit of the doubt for me. Until they win something I would want them all gone. We been playing around at linebacker way to long to skip over parsons. 

Agreed. If we take an average OT (not even a good one) like Leatherwood or Jenkins over Micah frickin Parsons, I’m done with this regime and will be calling for their firing weekly, there will be no more benefit of the doubt. 

Those two over JOK, Moehrig, Farley is also absolutely horrendous. 

The only OT we should be considering is Darrisaw.

7 hours ago, oakdb36 said:

Everybody expects him to go in the 1st and the Raiders are far from the only team he's mocked to. I think i've seen him mocked to Chicago the most (i haven't kept track of the millions mocks available at this point though).

Seen a bunch of mocks with him going to Tennessee.

2 minutes ago, OnlyGlove said:

I know you're kidding but Brown is a stash away for a year or probably two kind of player.  

Yes, UCLA and Northern Iowa is a drastic difference. Brown is a massive project and likely is select at the end of the third round. 

1 minute ago, OnlyGlove said:

Miller was more of a projection and his tape wasn't great at UCLA. When we took him at #15 most thought it was a major reach. Sports Illustrated gave us a C- for the pick at the time and most thought Miller was at least a year away. Which proved to be correct as he set the NFL record for most sacks allowed by a LT as a rookie with like 17, lol. 

Brown probably isn't a plug and play guy but I'd love him at 79/80. Dude has all of the tools and is literally a more athletic Kolton Miller. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BayRaider said:

Agreed. If we take an average OT (not even a good one) like Leatherwood or Jenkins over Micah frickin Parsons, I’m done with this regime and will be calling for their firing weekly, there will be no more benefit of the doubt. 

Those two over JOK, Moehrig, Farley is also absolutely horrendous. 

The only OT we should be considering is Darrisaw.

If Parsons is available at 17, it means there's something teams aren't comfortable with. Why would he fall to 17 if he's clean?

NFL.com gave Brown a 2nd-3rd round grade and compared him to Jared Veldheer. Daniel Jeremiah has him at #66 on his big board. @BayRaider

Towering tackle prospect with the hands, feet and length in place to become a quality pass protector on the next level. Despite playing right tackle his entire career at Northern Iowa, Brown has the athleticism to give it a go on the left side if a team desires. He's packed on weight and muscle over the years but his performance at the Senior Bowl practices showed that there is still work to do in terms of improving his core strength to offset his high center of gravity. He can play in a variety of run schemes but he will be at his best on the move, where his foot quickness will give him an advantage in finding the angles. Slippery athletes with good length will be trouble for him early and maybe beyond, but he's an above-average hand-fighter with a variety of pass sets he can utilize, which should help him as an eventual starter with early swing tackle value.