The 2021 Raider Draft Day Thread - Round 1 Chat

RaidersAreOne

21 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Players respect talented players. Carr has to be one of the worst leaders at QB in the NFL.

I only have my personal opinion but something about Carr is just fake to me.  It started with the WFT game in 2017 and then the tough talk without playing tough.  Not saying he needs to be reckless but you have to be willing to sacrifice if you are going to ask others to also.  I am not talking about practice but sacrificing in the game.

Just now, drfrey13 said:

I only have my personal opinion but something about Carr is just fake to me.  It started with the WFT game in 2017 and then the tough talk without playing tough.  Not saying he needs to be reckless but you have to be willing to sacrifice if you are going to ask others to also.  I am not talking about practice but sacrificing in the game.

At the time of that game was when teams began kneeling in support of CK. There was a report that the team lost respect for him when he decided not to kneel with everyone else. It was amplified because we were playing in DC, the nation's capital, on Sunday Night Football so there was a huge spotlight on us. After that things just haven't been the same. 

3 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

This is a bad take. Carr has been nothing but tough for the Raiders.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Rich7sena said:

This is a bad take. Carr has been nothing but tough for the Raiders.

Agreed, the Carr haters look for the absolute dumbest talking points.  I'll never forget when people were in here saying he wasn't tough. Dude has played through every injury he possibly could. At least come at him with some appropriate and accurate criticism. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, NYRaider said:

You can have the greatest CB's ever and it doesn't matter without an effective pass rush. Especially with a defensive coordinator like Bradley who blitzes less than any defensive coordinator in the league. 

We just spent two early picks on Mullen/Arnette and Farley might not even play in 2021. A pick like Farley is something that could put the nail in the coffin for Mayock. We need guys that will be ready to contribute towards a playoff run this season, Farley hasn't played in almost 2 years, is inexperienced at CB, and has major holes in his game. 

there have been analyses done on whether pass rush or coverage is more important... chicken and egg. PFF seems to have reached the conclusion that coverage matters more. i dont necessarily think thats the case, but i disagree that coverage doesnt matter until you have a pass rush. they're both pieces to the puzzle.

Just now, CaliforniaKid7 said:

Let’s be reckless for a second. What we have to give up for Rodgers?

Carr

2022 1st

2023 1st/Player? (Jacobs/Ferrell/Ruggs?)

minimum? 

I think it would have to be a three team deal involving Carr. The Packers drafted Love, and I don't think they would want to delay starting him if Rodgers is gone.