The 2021 Raider Draft Day Thread - Round 1 Chat

RaidersAreOne

4 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

At the time of that game was when teams began kneeling in support of CK. There was a report that the team lost respect for him when he decided not to kneel with everyone else. It was amplified because we were playing in DC, the nation's capital, on Sunday Night Football so there was a huge spotlight on us. After that things just haven't been the same. 

You could see his teammates treat him differently also.  It was him, Cook, and another player whose number was in the 50's standing close to JDR.  JDR lost the locker room after that game.  I loved the look on Karl Joseph's face the entire time.  He was ready to take someone's head off.

Just now, CaliforniaKid7 said:

Let’s be reckless for a second. What we have to give up for Rodgers?

Carr

2022 1st

2023 1st/Player? (Jacobs/Ferrell/Ruggs?)

minimum? 

They don’t need a RB. I’d give Carr, #17, #79, 2022 1st, and ANY player of their choosing minus Kolton Miller. Even Jacobs, sorry folks, RBs are super super easy to replace. 

I have a feeling we’d have to turn #79 into a second though which is pretty damn pricey. 

1 minute ago, Rich7sena said:

I think it would have to be a three team deal involving Carr. The Packers drafted Love, and I don't think they would want to delay starting him if Rodgers is gone.

The Bears could potentially benefit from that deal? They get Carr and send draft capital to GB. They also hep facilitate Rodgers leaving the division. 

1 minute ago, CaliforniaKid7 said:

The Bears could potentially benefit from that deal? They get Carr and send draft capital to GB. They also hep facilitate Rodgers leaving the division. 

Something like 

GB: LV 1.17, GB 2nd round pick, LV 22 1st + 3rd, and Crosby. 

CHI: Carr

LV: Rodgers

Edited by CaliforniaKid7

8 minutes ago, Rich7sena said:

This is a bad take. Carr has been nothing but tough for the Raiders.

He looks for a way out far to often.  He has improved but still not to level you want your QB to be at.  We went through a couple years where he would not let plays develop.  I have always said if you could take Fitzpatrick's brain and personality and put it into Carr's body you would have an amazing QB.

New Report just came out. Raiders and Ravens plan to move up. We are never in trade up rumors, so I’m expecting this is legit. 

Guys.... 

Today, either Justin Fields or Aaron Rodgers will be a Las Vegas Raider. 

It’s going to happen. 

8 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

You could see his teammates treat him differently also.  It was him, Cook, and another player whose number was in the 50's standing close to JDR.  JDR lost the locker room after that game.  I loved the look on Karl Joseph's face the entire time.  He was ready to take someone's head off.

JDR's downfall was letting go of Bill Musgrave, he had the offense humming, wasn't the same with Todd Downing. I actually went to the home opener that year against the Jets when Marshawn was dancing on the sideline and we won by like 35, thought we were winning the Super Bowl, lol. 

2 minutes ago, CaliforniaKid7 said:

Something like 

GB: LV 1.17, GB 2nd round pick, LV 22 1st + 3rd, and Crosby. 

CHI: Carr

LV: Rodgers

I am torn on Rodgers.  Still one of the top 3 QBs in the league but at 37 who knows for how long.  He might have 5 good years left or he might have 1.  If he was early 30's there is no question in my mind.  I would rather take that capital and trade up for a QB.

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

JDR's downfall was letting go of Bill Musgrave, he had the offense humming, wasn't the same with Todd Downing. I actually went to the home opener that year against the Jets when Marshawn was dancing on the sideline and we won by like 35, thought we were winning the Super Bowl, lol. 

Mark Davis even hinted at something happening in the locker room before the game involving JDR and others.

1 minute ago, drfrey13 said:

I am torn on Rodgers.  Still one of the top 3 QBs in the league but at 37 who knows for how long.  He might have 5 good years left or he might have 1.  If he was early 30's there is no question in my mind.  I would rather take that capital and trade up for a QB.

He was the MVP last year and Brady just won the Super Bowl at age 52.

3 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

New Report just came out. Raiders and Ravens plan to move up. We are never in trade up rumors, so I’m expecting this is legit. 

Guys.... 

Today, either Justin Fields or Aaron Rodgers will be a Las Vegas Raider. 

It’s going to happen. 

Link