The 2021 Raider Draft Day Thread - Round 1 Chat

RaidersAreOne

4 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

I’d take Sewell in a heartbeat but trading up for a LT when we have a Franchise LT makes no sense. Waste of resources. 

While I agree that trading up for a T is absurd but is Miller really a "franchise LT"?  Once again you're talking about an above average player as a "franchise player". You like to throw that word around very loosely.  

Just now, BayRaider said:

I’ve pounded how important RT is all off-season. But you don’t trade up for one. IMO.

I agree in principle. If you only are moving up a few spots though say for Sewell, vs taking Jenkins (who you don't like) at 17, wouldn't you do it for say a 3rd and 4th?

Just now, Frankie2Gunz said:

While I agree that trading up for a T is absurd but is Miller really a "franchise LT"?  Once again you're talking about an above average player as a "franchise player". You like to throw that word around very loosely.  

Really solid LT then? He’s a Borderline Top 10 LT. 

Just now, MrOaktown_56 said:

I agree in principle. If you only are moving up a few spots though say for Sewell, vs taking Jenkins (who you don't like) at 17, wouldn't you do it for say a 3rd and 4th?

No because then you can add Tanner Muse and Amik Robertson to your practice squad. 

Cut Richard and Heath then sign Shwartz and draft Eichenberg or Brown in the 3rd.

3 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

I’ve pounded how important RT is all off-season. But you don’t trade up for one. IMO.

wish we would have signed Lane Taylor for $1.2 million.  Would have given us some flexibility and a backup plan to Ritchie.

1 minute ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

We have different standards round here

1 minute ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Teven Jenkins with his t-rex arms will probably slide inside to guard while Sewell is pancaking more dudes than iHOP for the next decade. 

• Like 2

Just now, MrOaktown_56 said:

Yes if Sewell is somehow on the board at 14, you do it, of course. Not like crazy Top 10 stuff though. 

And I wouldn’t trade up for Darrisaw, there’s a decent chance he may fall to us. Probably doesn’t, but there’s a pretty decent chance. 

Just now, NCOUGHMAN said:

We have different standards round here

Which is why everyone loves baby ARod. We're like the dude that has never had a GF. Gets a 6/10 and will never take the risk of hitting on the 10/10 at work that's into him cause he's afraid of losing his current girl.